Question
Hp Photosmart C7280 won't scan but will print
Replies (35)

Student
maskell21
Message 31 of 36 (1,497 Views)

Re: Hp Photosmart C7280 won't scan but will print

Junes1 wrote:

Recently my scanner stop working, when I try to scan I get an error message saying the HP Device was not found.  Try the following steps......and then try again.  I tried all the steps and I can't scan anything.  The device is online, it is working, if I try to print from the computer to the printer it prints what I want, but if I try to scan a picture or document it gives me this message.  I tried all the suggestions that the screen gives me including uninstalling and reinstalling and still get the same thing.  A few weeks ago everything was working fine.  Any suggestions on how to get this to work again.  The latest updates on my computer was installing MSIE 8.0 and the update for the printer which was supposed to help error in communications.  Seems since that update it stopped working correctly. 

Thanks for any help

June

Student
brian766
Message 32 of 36 (1,443 Views)

My Photosmart C7280 has been working through my MAC pc software perfectly.  Today,for some unknown reason I cannot scan via the PC software -  "No document Loaded" appears on the Image Capture screen.    

The printer function is unaffected and is normal.

If I use the C7280 control panel: 

When the 'Scan and Reprint' option is selected , the document is scanned but when the 'Scan to Computer" option is selected  "NO SCANNER OPTIONS" error message is displayed on the printer panel.

I am using wireless connection.

Honor Student
Gypsirover
Message 33 of 36 (1,431 Views)

Try plugging using a USB between PC and Printer when you wish to scan.
Student
Johnrwe
Message 34 of 36 (935 Views)

How can I get my HP C7280 to scan to my iMac. It prints perfectly. I have a wifi connection

Student
Lenore7
Message 35 of 36 (604 Views)

I previously found help on the internet and got my printer/scanner fixed for a while.  I placed a stack of papers in the feeder to scan and it seemed to kick something out and the scanner stopped working.

Wish I could find the download I used before because it did fix my printer for quite a while ...now I need to fix it again

Does anyone have any suggestions?    Thanks

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 36 of 36 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Lenore7.

Are you indicating the Print and Scan Doctor? This tool fixes common printer problems for printing and scanning. Please click on this website: Print and Scan Doctor.

If this is not the website you are referencing, then please inform me.

Ashley

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation