Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Scanjet 8270
Windows 7

I have had my HP Scanjet 8270 for several years and works great. I recently reloaded my hard drive and as usual I go to the HP website and download the HP Scanjet Full Feature Software and Driver. Everything installs fine and says drivers were installed successfully.

When I open HP Scanning (8200) series shortcut I can select the type of scan I want and hit scan. Then I get the Save to file save options box and click OK. Then the scanning preview box comes up and then after a few seconds I get the error

;

"HP Scan Application Resources has Stopped Working." Then is gives a button to close program.

Then an error box comes up and says "An error occurred with the HP scanning application. Try the following steps. After each step, try scanning again.  

-restart the program

-reboot the computer

-Reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the device.

Then at the bottom it says:

Show extended error information. When I click on it it gives me:

8, [ (4, 0, -2147023170) ]

The steps I have taken to resolve the problem :

I have restarted the software many times.

I have rebooted many times.

I have reinstalled the software many times.

I have run the HP Print and Scan doctor many times and it finds nothing wrong.  

However, when I go to Devices & Printers and click on the scanner I can scan fine through there. Although it does not let me do anything fancy such as scan to pdf which is very important for me. 

I have read many forums and tried several things from them to no success. 

I did read somewhere that you need to go to msconfig and starup tab and look to see if the Digital Imaging monitor is running  and it is not. I would assume that is downloaded with the software and re-downloading does not do any good. 

Pleas help I'm in serious need of using my scanner. Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

By me to, its not working. Error message with detais :  8, [(4, 0, -2147023170)]. You now now what to do.

HP Recommended

I think I found an older version of the software somewhere on the internet and it started working. Not sure where I found it now. I have since reloaded my computer and I downloaded the latest software from the HP website and now it works fine.

HP Recommended

Getting the same error, is there a solution for this error?

Using WIN 7 64-bit, 8270 scanner, the scanner works and scans however when scnning a docuemnt, get error

Error message with detais :  8, [(4, 0, -2147023170)]

States to reinstall the product, restart etc. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the HP Scanjet Full Feature Software and Driver several times, downloaded from hp website and also from using the dvd that came with the scanner.

Any help is appreciated.

HP Recommended

I had this problem last year when I went to a 64 bit machine.  I installed, reinstalled, etc with  no luck.  I even paid for HP to spend four hours on the phone and allowed login and they could not make it work.  I later went to WIndows 10 and did not even try.  It is a shame as my scanner worked fine for years.  This is one time I quit "swearing" by HP products.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. You have to install software version 13 or 14.5 https://us.driverscollection.com/?H=Scanjet%208270%20Document%20Flatbed%20Scanner&By=HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.