Question

Honor Student
dvdevoe
Message 1 of 6 (1,273 Views)

Hp office 6700 will not scan to desktop connectivity issue

the scanner goes to about 95% than stops and says there is a connectivity issue.  I have tried turning off the firewall and tuning off Trend Micro no luck.  I tried the Trend Micro hot fix and that would not let me install it.  Any ideas?  The scan to device (usb port) works just fine.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 6 (1,262 Views)

Re: Hp office 6700 will not scan to desktop connectivity issue

Hello dvdevoe

What make and model is your router? Are you using wired or wireless connection and if wireless how far is the router from the printer? Does any other desktop or device have issues with connectivity?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
dvdevoe
Message 3 of 6 (1,257 Views)

I have an linksys wireless router a brand new one.  it is maybe a yard from the printer.  I has have it connected by ethernet cable and I have checked the cable to make sure it is connected.  The scaner worked before I put the security software on the computer.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 6 (1,254 Views)

Hi again dvdevoe

It does sound like its link to your new security software and the network but lets see if we can't get them to get along. Have you tried any of the HP utilities yet if not it might be a good idea to try the Print and Scan Doctor and the Scan Diagnostic Utility. See if they notice anything and/or can fix it. Are there options to allow programs connectivity to the network in Trend Micro?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Honor Student
dvdevoe
Message 5 of 6 (1,238 Views)

I have used both the scan doctor and the utility.  The utility goes though and checks everything and says it is all good.  than I do the test and get the same error message  .   The scanner did work befre I installed the security software but now when I turn the software off I still get the error

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 6 (1,224 Views)

Hello dvdevoe

Have you tried to re-installing the printer? I would try that and make note of any problems or errors you receive. Sounds like Trend Micro is the culprit but it could also be just a coincidence.

Officejet 6700 Software

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation