Hp scanjet 4850 scanner problem (321 Views)
Student
swb12040
Message 1 of 2 (321 Views)

Hp scanjet 4850 scanner problem

I just bought a new hp computer with Windows 7. I tried installing software for an hp scanjet 4850, and it failed. I tried downloading drivers from the hp website, but still failed to install. It's pretty old, but someone at hp said it should be compatible. They said they would charge me for tech support, so I'm trying this forum to see if anyone has any ideas. Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (311 Views)

Re: Hp scanjet 4850 scanner problem

Hi,

If you haven't already got this download the software installer for your scanner on the link below and save it to your Desktop.  If you already have it, move it on to your Desktop.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15...

Next download revo uninstaller on the link below and install it.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-freeware-version.php

Run Revo and see if it finds any HP Scanner software installed.  If it does, right click the software icon and select uninstall.  During the process you may be asked to delete registry entries.  If you are, just select all and click delete.  Do the same for any left over files and folders.  Once completed, reboot the PC.

Download and install 7-ZIP

Disable any Antivirus and Antispyware software.

Now right click the software installer on your Desktop, select 7-Zip, Extract files and click Ok.  Open the newly extracted folder, right click on DPInst32 ( or DPInst64 if you have Windows 7 64 bit ) and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation