Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

is anyone can help me?i am trying to scan a document to my officejet 4500 ..but the printer panel said; No scan options.Refer to device documentation to trouble shoot?what is that mean?what should i do?

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Hello Sueisenbarth

For "no scan options" for your printer try this article here. It may help solve your problem.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hello,

what do I need to do to scan a doublesided document? Device informtion unclear. I want to scan a colored doc with black and white also. 

Thank you

HP Recommended
Hello 1martyc

What printer do you have and what operating system? Some printers can automatically scan both sides of a document, whereas others require you to manually flip the page. What file type are you trying to scan to?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

I am getting No Scan Options and refer to device documentation.  Help!

HP Recommended

Which model of the 4500 are you using (g509a/g/n or g510a/g/n)? Also what is your operating system? I am going to need a lot more information before I can start working on finding you a solution. 

Let me know more about what is going on, and I will get right back with you! 

HP Recommended

is there anyone can help me?

i am trying to scan a document to my officejet 4500 ..as I've done before without a problem,

but the printer panel said; "No scan options.Refer to device documentation to trouble shoot?"

I don't where my printed manuel is, but there must be something to refer to online, right?

HP Recommended

Hello everyone, I was having this exact issue myself, and after finding no help whatsoever from the manual that comes with the device itsself, there is no mention of scanning in it at all, I played around with it myself. GO to the HP solutions center icon that is on your computer, click on that, go to scan picture or document, whichever it is that you are trying to scan, and all the options for scanning will come up and you will be able to scan without problems. Documents and pictures will be saved to your computer if that is what you choose as well as this is what I was trying to do, and you do not have to use the document feeder. I have read everything else on here and tried it all and none of it works, this does work. I tried it several different times before typing this post.

HP Recommended

and as far as finding anything online??? you wont find anything helpful. I found out how to do it by trial and error and playing around with it myself. if you want to find a solution online, you will have to pay for it, and since you are a student, as I am as well, i assume you must be as broke as I am...haha

HP Recommended

Can someone assist me with setting up scan feature and wireless connection on my printer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.