05-06-2014 11:59 AM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Deskjet 2542 All-in-One Printer and getting the scanning working on it. Here is a link to the HP Print and Scan Doctor. The HP Print and Scan Doctor will run a check on your system and install the necessary files need to work the scanner.
Hope this helps.
I work on behalf of HP
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers