Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet Pro M1217nfw MFP

does anyone know how to scan and can the scan go to a file as a pdf?

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hi Lameda 

Wish you are doing well;

Go to this article Here Asuming that you are using windows 

If you are not then go here on both select your actual operating system. 

Hope it helps

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

I just got a HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP   How do I scan?  I cannot find anywhere to start the

HP Recommended

where the scaner button for laserjet m1217nfw mfp?

HP Recommended
There is no scan button on the printer itself, you scan from your computer. Here is an excerpt from the User Guide found at the following link:

http://goo.gl/9SdI9

Scan methods
Scan jobs can be performed in the following ways.
● Scan from the computer by using HP LaserJet Scan (Windows)
● Scan by using HP Director (Mac)
● Scan from TWAIN-compliant or Windows Imaging Application (WIA)-compliant software
NOTE: To learn about and use text-recognition software, install the Readiris program from the software CD-ROM. Text-recognition software is also known as optical character recognition (OCR) software.

Scan by using HP LaserJet Scan (Windows)
1. In the HP program group, select Scan to to start HP LaserJet Scan.
2. Select a scanning destination.
3. Click Scan.
NOTE: OK should indicate the action that you want to accomplish.

Scan by using HP Director (Mac)
Use page-by-page scanning
1. Load the original that is to be scanned face-down in the document feeder.
2. Click the HP Director icon in the dock.
3. Click the HP Director, and then click Scan to open the HP dialog box.
4. Click Scan.
5. To scan multiple pages, load the next page and click Scan. Repeat until all pages are scanned.
6. Click Finish, and then click Destinations.

Scan to file
1. In Destinations, choose Save To File(s).
2. Name the file and specify the destination location.
3. Click Save. The original is scanned and saved.
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

read the user manual. If like most manuals, its written in HP-eze, therefore designed to confuse.

or download the user manual.

despite all the hype from HP, I have nothing but BS, in its design and usage.

Technician
HP Recommended

I would have bought a Brother MFP.simpler to understand & work with.

Technician
HP Recommended

For PC, I opened the application called hppscan0.exe, located at

C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet M1210 MFP Series\Scan To\hppscan0.exe

There's probably a better way to do it, but this was the simplest.  Your path and solution may not be exactly the same, but something along the lines of what I did.

HP Recommended

when every thing else fails...read the manual.

or you could down load it from HP web site.

clever, eh!

Technician
HP Recommended

HP's links to the user manuals are inactive...get a 503 error code with internet explorer and firefox.

How the heck to you scan?

I'm tempted to take this ***** thing back to the store because I can't get access to a user's manual!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.