01-31-2014 07:28 AM
On my new laptop I trying loading IRIS OCR SOftware Version 12, downloadable from
for my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 PLUS, I have a 64 bit SONY VAIO laptop running Windows 8.1. When I load the software I receive a message "The update does not support any of the HP device drivers that you have on your PC. You do not need this software update." The executable then ends when I click on the OK button.
I cannot find any solution to the above.
01-31-2014 07:39 AM
The Read Iris Pro software is only available for specific Laserjet models, it is not available for the Officejet Pro 8600.
The Iris OCR software for your printer is available as part of the HP full feature software, Open the HP Officejet Pro 8600 software and click on Scan a document or photo, then select to search as Editable Text.
If you do not have the full feature software installer you may get it from the from the following link:
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers