01-31-2014 07:28 AM
On my new laptop I trying loading IRIS OCR SOftware Version 12, downloadable from
for my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 PLUS, I have a 64 bit SONY VAIO laptop running Windows 8.1. When I load the software I receive a message "The update does not support any of the HP device drivers that you have on your PC. You do not need this software update." The executable then ends when I click on the OK button.
I cannot find any solution to the above.
01-31-2014 07:39 AM
The Read Iris Pro software is only available for specific Laserjet models, it is not available for the Officejet Pro 8600.
The Iris OCR software for your printer is available as part of the HP full feature software, Open the HP Officejet Pro 8600 software and click on Scan a document or photo, then select to search as Editable Text.
If you do not have the full feature software installer you may get it from the from the following link:
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax