Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you ever encounter this error message: image on fax send report is set to off

There is a quick fix:

At the top of the display, select the "Setup Icon."
Select "Print Report."
Select "Image on Fax Send."
Select the ON option.

Then try to send a fax.

Thanks!

For help with your specific printer visit HP Customer Care: www.hp.com/go/customercare

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accept as Solution

(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

we tried the fix for error message and now report says an image on fax send report is set to on, but

still not able to fax.  what is next step?

HP Recommended

Hi myboat,

I am sorry to hear you are unable to fax. Are you able to send OR receive a fax? I would like for you to respond with your printers Model Number and if you are receiving any error messages when you send or receive a fax. I would like to help and will look into this further once I have more information.

Hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

my fax is hp officejet 6500 and no not able to fax. printout says fax sent no answer but papers were not accepted into

fax machine and image of page 1 did not appear on report

HP Recommended

Hi myboat,

I understand your fax says "no answer" and the paper did not feed into the printer. I would like to help, could you please let me know which model of the Officejet 6500 you have? I will look for the specific guides for your model to help fix the issue.

HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One Printer - E710a
HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer - E710n
HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer series - E709
HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a
HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n
HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709q

In the meantime, you can try Resetting the Printer and if you haven't already, try faxing a different number to see if you receive the same outcome.

Hope to hear from you soon!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I think it is E709. Where do I find on model number on printer, have looked all over and instruction book does not show it.  Have tried resetting printer and resending to another number.

HP Recommended

Hello myboat,

I will post a helpful link, for you to help you find your model number.

How Do I Find My Model Number?

In the meantime, I will post you helpful documents for the E709a Model.

If you Cannot Send or Receive Faxes, click here.

If you can Send Faxes but Cannot Receive them, click here.

If you can Receive Faxes but Cannot Send them, click here.

I hope this helps.

Take care,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I now have 

we tried the fix for error message and now report says an image on fax send report is set to on, but

still not able to fax.  what is next step?

HP Recommended

I really need to fax my fax send is now on, What Now?????

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.