Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Scanjet G3110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Anyone using Scanjet G3110 on Windows 10?
Any problems?
Can't get clear answer from HP on whether or not it is supported.
Just get scripted reply that send me to links that don't answer the question.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @Dave22015,

I understand you are looking to find out if the Scanjet G3110 is supported on Windows 10. Although I cannot find any sort of confirmation that it is supported, the best you can do is try installing the Windows 8.1 driver, to see if that works.

Click this link, click "Edit" on the right side of the page to change the OS to Windows 8.1, and download the full driver there.

HP Scanjet Full Feature Software and Driver

Good luck 🙂

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @Dave22015,

I understand you are looking to find out if the Scanjet G3110 is supported on Windows 10. Although I cannot find any sort of confirmation that it is supported, the best you can do is try installing the Windows 8.1 driver, to see if that works.

Click this link, click "Edit" on the right side of the page to change the OS to Windows 8.1, and download the full driver there.

HP Scanjet Full Feature Software and Driver

Good luck 🙂

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

When will the HP Scanjet G3110 have a download that will communicate with Windows 10?

HP Recommended

Supposedly this software package works for Windows 10 (setup_full_G3110_20_0_0_02.exe) but not for me on two computers so far.

Immediately after the 10 upgrade, my G3110 returned garbled colors for scans.  It had been working fine under 8.1.   I figured it needed the driver and associated packages updated. 

I tried the software package mentioned in the first paragraph, deleted the 8.1 driver, and could not get connection to the G3110.  Windows Device Manager said there was no driver even after I installed the package mentioned above.  This happened on both Windows 10 computers I tried.

I downloaded the Windows 8.1 driver and reinstalled it - Device Manager was happy with that, and the scanner lid buttons prompted the familiar HP scan driver windows to pop up, and the Windows 10 Scan utility recognized the scanner and could operate it mechanically.

Trouble is the pages are BLANK!  I know the drivers are operating the scanner, and that the lamp is functioning.  For some reason the data is not being pulled and/or presented from the scanner.

Yes, I realize this unit is getting long in the tooth, but it is still a good scanner.  I'd think if it were easy HP would fix the small problem with the driver and keep customers.  🙂

HP Recommended

Hi there

I have been in touch with HP tp try and get an answer to this question - but no one has come back to me as yet.  The surprising thing is that, although you describe it as 'long in the tooth' it is still available from HP.  You would think in that case that they would make sure it worked on current software.

HP Recommended
Yeah, it's old but the specs are still great. I got it working last weekend and here's how I did it.

In desperation, I hooked up an old PSC 1315 and installed all the software for that (after I had done everything I mentioned for the G3110 above) - the whole nine yards of bloatware. Lo and behold, the G3110 began returning scans instead of blank pages!

I haven't started removing any software because I'm worried about upsetting the house of cards.
HP Recommended

Seems to work in windows 10. I installed setup_full_G3110_3.exe a very old driver (current is 20_0_0_02)

HP Recommended

Try to install a HP ScanjetG3110 on WINDOWS 10 .. got advise to install setup_full_G3110_3. I tried that ..but scanner stop at 'preparing to scan' What must I do? Is there not an update for Windows 10 to install for the G3110 jet??

HP Recommended

I installed the latest full version wihout any previous driver versions and it worked just fine. The laptop is a refurbished one and came with windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, plugged in the scanner and it was not recognized. Followed the update driver link without success, went on hp support, downloaded the full version (20.0.0.02), installe it allowing all dialogues to proceed. The only failure was the registration at the end of the install (which I didn't need anyway) probably due to the difference in country selection (US vs. Canada).

Tried to scan with the installed HP Scanning app without any problem. The lid button starts the app as well.

BTW, I run 64bits but the app is on 32 bits.

Hope these details help.

HP Recommended

I made the same mistake, buying a new G3110. Purchased a new copy of Paint shop pro X8 together with a new desktop Pavilion computer. HP do not, from what i can find out, supply TWAIN drivers for this scanner. On searching the HP web site, the reccomend companies where you can spend anothe 60 pounds or so for a driver that works!!! Its like buying a new car only to find the engine is an extra, but they dont tell you this until you have purchased the car!! If I am wrong, pleaase let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.