08-02-2013 02:42 PM
Any idea of when a new DSS will be out? We are currently on 4.25.42 with several 9250c devices and newer 8500 fn1 devices. We are limited to what we can manage on the 8500's as far as default scan settings. It's pretty much useless. For example, the scanner's web GUI says HPDSS is controlling it and that we'll need to use the HPDSS to control the settings while HPDSS doesn't even have certain options to make changes to devices. It's a bit of a headache. It seems you're better off not using HPDSS at all.
08-20-2013 02:08 AM
I wouldn't keep my hopes too high for a release anytime soon. Personally I'm on 4.91.23 (beta) where the binaries are from Nov/2011. And that's the latest that was released afaik. The release notes that came with it make you LOL:
"Currently the plan is for a major release 4 times per year. These would coincide with FutureSmart FW releases. The 11.2 FW release is coordinated in time with the DSS 4.91.20 release, the 11.3 FW release will be coordinated with the 4.91.30 release, etc. The major releases will be posted to hp.com."
I guess HP fired all devs from this project. If not, they should be fired.
01-15-2014 10:48 AM
HP has released a new version of the Digital Sending Software (DSS) 5.01. It is available for download at www.hp.com/go/dss. There are also some technical documents available to help with the migration from earlier versions of DSS to the newest DSS 5.01 - from the main DSS web page, select DSS suport, then "manuals" on the pane on the right side.
This new version of DSS supports Windows 2008 and 2012 servers, new HP MFP devices and many enhancements including:
- Scan to multiple folders at the same time
- Scan to MS SharePoint
- Enchanced templates capabilities - easy configuration of groups of devices
- various performance improvements
If you are loading DSS on a new server, you will need to contact the HP Licensing group at www.hp.com/software/licensing to reassign the MAC address of your new server to your device licenses.
Download it now for free and take advantage of all the work HP has put into this new version .
Happy Digital Sending...
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax