09-11-2012 08:37 AM
It was given to me by somebody who didn't want it. I'm not going to buy ink for it. The ink cartridges are expensive and I only want to use the scanner. But it won't let me do anything without putting in new ink cartridges. Grrrr.
09-11-2012 10:35 AM - edited 09-11-2012 10:37 AM
In order to scan, the unit has to be properly aligned so all comes out perfect. In order to do this you have to print an alignment page, have it scanned in and go through the alignment settings. You will need cartridges for this.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 96.3% chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax