09-11-2012 08:37 AM
It was given to me by somebody who didn't want it. I'm not going to buy ink for it. The ink cartridges are expensive and I only want to use the scanner. But it won't let me do anything without putting in new ink cartridges. Grrrr.
09-11-2012 10:35 AM - edited 09-11-2012 10:37 AM
In order to scan, the unit has to be properly aligned so all comes out perfect. In order to do this you have to print an alignment page, have it scanned in and go through the alignment settings. You will need cartridges for this.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers