HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-20-2012 04:55 PM
Hi there, I was given this printer as a gift today and while checking out to make sure everything worked alrlight, I ran into an issue. The printing side, wireless side, and everything else appears to work without an issue, except for the scanning.
Here's what is going on:
1. The printer is telling me it cannot connect to my PC (even though it's connected wirelessly).
2. My PC will not load up the HP Scan program, and while attempting to do it through the main "Scanner Actions" does absolutely nothing.
3. Scan to Computer is turned on an enabled, it tells me the printer is connected and I can see the computer on the list on the printer, but then it tells me that it cannot connect.
Here's what I've tried:
1. Restarted computer to try to refresh drivers.
2. Tried to update drivers.
3. Ran the HP Help doctor program for scanning, it simply told me that there was a driver issue and it was unable to fix it.
4. Uninstalled, restarted, then reinstalled the HP software that came with the printer.
None of this has worked thus far and I have a printer that will print, but not scan. I do have it hooked up wirelessly to my computer, I could portentially USB plug it in, but I was trying to avoid that if possible. I'm pretty positive it is an issue with the driver on my computer, but not sure what else to try. Any ideas to get this working?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-21-2012 05:00 PM
08-21-2012 06:35 PM
08-21-2012 06:48 PM
Uninstall the printer and software and try installing from a download, just to make sure the HP Update didn't miss anything. You can get the download here. Let me know what happens.
08-21-2012 07:01 PM - edited 08-21-2012 07:04 PM
No such luck, uninstalled, restarted, re-installed the downloaded software. Same result.
Edit have to run out for a bit, but I thought I would mention. On the PC I cannot even get the scan dialog to come up when I click the button, simply nothing runs like there is nothing installed (or working at least).
08-21-2012 07:13 PM - edited 08-21-2012 07:13 PM
08-21-2012 09:47 PM
Alright, still workin on getting the information for the wireless, but I attempted to try and plug the printer in directly via USB to my Laptop with freshly installed software on it. The printer is still telling me that it cannot connect to my computer and hitting the "Scan a Document or Photo" in the Scanner Actions causes nothing to happen on my machine. My Laptop is a Windows 7 Professional and I thought it might of been an issue with just my main computer, but apparently not. Will get the wireless info in a bit, but I'm thinking that isn't the issue
Encryption Type is : WPA2 [AES]
Distance: Router is in the Basement of out 1 1/2 story house, but we have wi-fi extenders placed strategically a floor below mine.
08-22-2012 08:52 AM
Managed to get this fixed on my own actually. I ran the HP Scan doctor again and realized I could skip the Driver error and after it ran through the rest of it's check it managed to fix the scanner issue. Thanks for all the help on the forums.