04-28-2010 10:00 AM
I've received this message and don't know how to fix it. Scanner won't scan
This question was solved. View Solution.
Re: LCD list needs to be upgraded
02-08-2012 06:45 AM
1. Open Solution Center, and then select Settings
2. Chose scan to settings
3. Remove the shortcuts from the right side
4. Click update device, and then close the scan to setup window
5. Reopen the scan to setup window
6. Add the shortcuts from the left side to the right side
7. Click update device
8. Try scanning from the front panel of the printer
04-30-2010 02:58 PM
Me too. Worked last week but not now. I believe the exact error message is "LCD list needs to be updated". On line help is no help and simply gets me to a box to manage shortcuts but nothing, I can find, explains what to do once you get to this point. Also, I've confirmed that all HP software is current, no outstanding upgrades. Also, should it really be this hard to get help on something like this? This process is not helping to make me an HP fan.
04-30-2010 06:27 PM
OK I have discovered the fix.
With the printer still ON, you have to remove the power cord, then remove it from the other end from the power point.
Wait 15 to 20 seconds, plug the cord back into the printer, then back into the power point, turn on the printer and your LCD list should be reset.
Good old reboot.
05-06-2010 11:07 PM - last edited on 03-30-2011 06:20 PM by Katie_H
If you installed via network, then you need to send the 'scan to' settings to the printer.
Edit by Katie_H (3/30/11): Fixing broken link
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
11-05-2010 11:19 AM
Yeah, right. So I can look forward to doing this every time I need a new scan ? Ridiculous solution. Nobody in their right mind is going to 'reboot' the printer every **bleep** time they need a scan. Yes, EVERY time, because this 'solution' is NOT permanent ! This printer is a piece of cr_p. It has been nothing but trouble. The salesman said 'simple to operate' ... a caveman could do it. Yeah ... right. All it's good for is target practice.
01-05-2011 03:42 PM
I kept having the same problem... ( in fact I still do) but I found a way to make it scan from the computer when you absolutly need to get something faxed now.. I went to "computer" from the start-up menu. Then clicked on "Network". Double click on your printer that you want to scan from.Mine was the photosmart C410. A webpage for the printer came up. I clicked on the" scan" tab. The scan now button is right there and it works. Then just right click on the scanned image as it tells you and save it to where you need it... I sent mine to Pictures. I'll have to play around with it to get it to scan from the printer, instead of comamding the printer from the computer, but like I said, its better than nothing and it works.
02-08-2011 05:35 PM
I have tried sending the 'scan to' settings to the printer to update numerous times as well as turn the d_mn thing on and off AND unplug it for several minutes.... Nothing works! Everytime I hit the "scan" button on the device and select my computer, it doesn't ask me what it would like me to scan to (i.e. doc/pdf, jpeg, etc...) like it used to. It says "Scanning..." and then doesn't and I get the error message "LCD list needs to be upgraded" on my computer where I click ok and it brings me to where I need to update the list.... AGAIN!!!.... I'm about to pitch this printer out the window!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers