Question

Honor Student
lenfinger
Message 1 of 2 (7,609 Views)

LaserJet 1536dnf MFP - can ADF be used with scan function?

I just set up my newly-purchased LaserJet 1536dnf MFP, which I bought specifically because of the automatic document feeder (ADF) and scan functions. I am going to be scanning a lot of multiple-page documents in my business, and I don't want to waste time laying one page a time on the glass. I haven't yet been able to figure out how to use the ADF to scan documents. Can someone--anyone--please tell me if this is possible, or have I just wasted a lot of money on a machine that won't do what I need it to do? Is it actually possible to have an office machine in the 21st century that has an ADF that won't work with the scan function?

Thanks for any help at all!

Honor Student
lenfinger
Message 2 of 2 (7,607 Views)

Re: LaserJet 1536dnf MFP - can ADF be used with scan function?

Ha! Just answered my own question...but for anyone else out there who is wondering the same thing: this is not in any of the user documentation related to this MFP that I can find.

When you open the HP Scan application (the desktop icon is labeled "HP LJ M1530 Scan"), BEFORE you click the 'Scan' button, load your document into the ADF. The software should detect that the document is in the ADF, not on the glass, and pull the pages through the ADF to scan the document.

It would have been nice if HP had mentioned this minor but important detail somewhere in the documentation.

At any rate, I'm sure glad to know that I didn't waste my money!

:smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation