Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 3050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My LaserJet 3050 prints well but does not scan now that it is attached to a PC using Win 10.  I continuously get an error saying "Problem scanning.  Something went wrong.  Please try again."

Is there a way to remedy this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the printer connected via USB or through the network?

Be aware that scanning is only suppored via a sirect USB connection on Windows 10 for your printer.

What exact steps do you use to scan?

By pressing the scan button on the printer?

By scanning from any specific software? if so, which software?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.

Connected through USB cable.  The print function works well.  Using Windows Fax and Scan.  I have a Canon flatbed that scans in Windows 10 so I doubt it's the OS software.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, and thanks for clarifying.

Install the following USB driver, then try scanning from Windows fax and Scan once again:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1140610&swItemId=fp_148007_1&swEnvOid=419...

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Same result.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with my HP LaserJet 3050 and the Microsoft scanning tools on Win 10.

Installing the suggested driver did not help either. I have installed the third-party scanning software NAPS2 (free open source tool)  and I am now perfectly able to scan using this app. Might work with other third party tools as well...

Do not ask me why using a non-Microsoft software works and using official Microsoft software does not!

P.S.: From time to time I have problems even when you using NAPS2 (e.g. only 50 percent of the page is captured). In these cases it usually helps to reduce the scanning resolution (e.g. to 150 or 100 dpi).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.