11-21-2008 08:26 AM
I have installed and connected a LaserJet 3055 All-in-one to my company network. Can this device Scan to E-mail? I cannot find any configuration settings to allow this, it will only scan to a PC. There is not PC connected directly to this device and my boss insists that it can be done. Any help or just a flat out "no it can't" would be greatly appreciated.
04-20-2010 11:06 AM
When you open the LJ3055 scan application there is a "settings" button on the lower left side of the window that allows you to set up a scan to location and then send the scan to destination to the device Control Panel. This will give you the scan to destination on the LJ3055's Control Panel. In order to have Scan To to work from the LJ3055, the PC with the software installed needs to be on- and Toolbox needs to be running. If either one of these is off, a "cannot connect" error will be seen on the LJ3055 Control Panel.
09-08-2011 09:24 AM
Dissconnect Printer form PC or Laptop
''Power off" printer > Press & hold 'ENTER' > 'Power on'. Continue to hold 'ENTER' key only till "Program storage intt." (or similar nsg.) appears.
Wait & Let the unit boot to "Ready" message in the screen. Reload PC with device driver. Try to scan. If error persists Formatter PCB may need replacement.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers