LaserJet 3055 Scan issue? (11605 Views)
Student
rossinine
Message 1 of 4 (11,605 Views)

LaserJet 3055 Scan issue?

I have installed and connected a LaserJet 3055 All-in-one to my company network.  Can this device Scan to E-mail?  I cannot find any configuration settings to allow this, it will only scan to a PC.  There is not PC connected directly to this device and my boss insists that it can be done.  Any help or just a flat out "no it can't" would be greatly appreciated.

Top Student
Oldbean
Message 2 of 4 (11,480 Views)

Re: LaserJet 3055 Scan issue?

Are you talking about from the PC or the printer itself

From the PC you can select from the Set up after you select Scan from the ToolBox

Teacher
hoard_master
Message 3 of 4 (9,842 Views)

When you open the LJ3055 scan application there is a "settings" button on the lower left side of the window that allows you to set up a scan to location and then send the scan to destination to the device Control Panel.  This will give you the scan to destination on the LJ3055's Control Panel.  In order to have Scan To to work from the LJ3055, the PC with the software installed needs to be on- and Toolbox needs to be running.  If either one of these is off, a "cannot connect" error will be seen on the LJ3055 Control Panel.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Student
KalpeshDesai
Message 4 of 4 (6,533 Views)

Dissconnect Printer form PC or Laptop

''Power off" printer > Press & hold 'ENTER' > 'Power on'. Continue to hold 'ENTER' key only till "Program storage intt." (or similar nsg.) appears.
Wait & Let the unit boot to "Ready" message in the screen. Reload PC with device driver. Try to scan. If error persists Formatter PCB may need replacement.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation