06-02-2014 10:39 AM
I'm working on a customers M525c that is not accepting all incoming faxes. The machine itself doesn't have any error codes, but the customer will get phone calls from their clients informing them that a fax didn't go through and the outside client gets an error saying something like "Mailbox full". I've confirmed that the errors are being seen by multiple clients from multiple locations, and that it is sporadic.
-The customer previously (one month ago) had a LaserJet M521 that was having the same issue, which caused them to return it and upgrade to the M525.
-They had an ancient Muratec fax machine prior to these HP machines and never had any issues.
-The customer has had their fax line checked by the phone company and everything came back ok.
-Firmware is current
-I am an HP authorized tech and I work on M525c machines frequently and have not seen this issue before. (Specifically, I have not seen this same issue with two concurrent new printers from the same family)
Are there any default settings that could be causing this issue? If so, what should I change them to?
Has anyone else seen this same issue and how did you fix it?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Solved! View Solution.
Re: LaserJet M525 MFP - Incoming Fax issue (mailbox full)
06-04-2014 09:27 AM
06-04-2014 09:27 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums! I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it, in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at HP Enterprise Business Community.
Hope this helps you, and have a great day!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
06-10-2014 07:29 AM
Thank you. Ive moved the question to the link below.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers