Question

Student
Dvifg
Message 1 of 4 (1,280 Views)

M1217nfw error messges "No Fax Detected" and "Comm Error"

I have a home M1217nfw all in one. Im receiving error messges "No Fax Detected" and "Comm Error" when sending and receiving faxes.  Recently Windows Expl 8 updated on my system. Any suggestions ?

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 4 (1,271 Views)

Re: M1217nfw error messges "No Fax Detected" and "Comm Error"

Hello Dvifg

There is an article which contains descriptions and possible solutions for these types of fax errors. Check out the article "Resolving Fax Error Messages" for the recommended steps.

The "No Fax Detected" error means: The product answered the incoming call but did not detect that a fax machine was calling.

The "Comm Error" indicates: A fax communication error occurred between the product and the sender or receiver.

Both suggest retrying the fax and trying a different phone cord. If the problem persists you may need to contact HP Support.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Student
Dvifg2
Message 3 of 4 (1,265 Views)

Thank you, So can I assume these new error messages have nothing to do with the recent Explorer 8 update and has more to do a line jack issue.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 4 (1,257 Views)

Hello Dvifg2

Based ont he document and the nature of the errors I would say it is safe to say it has nothing to do with your recent update to Explorer 8. Sounds like an issue with the physical phone jack of the printer, the cable, or the phone line.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation