HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-17-2011 04:21 AM
I am scanning with a M2727nf device. After installing the HP drivers I have the WIA-HP LJ M2727nf Scan option in all my programs. For page size, I only have an "automatic" setting. Whenever I scan from the paper feed, I get a page size longer and slightly wider than the original size (in my case A4, but it is the same if I scan a Letter page).
I have tried scanning using various Software including Acrobat Pro, the HP scanner... with the same results.
Any ideas on what I can do??
04-19-2011 02:12 AM
Is there a way to force a TWAIN driver to be installed and show up as a scanning driver? From reading other posts, it appears I need the TWAIN driver and not the WIA driver.
All tips are welcome
04-26-2011 11:46 AM
The M2727 full software solution will install the Twain driver and WIA driver. Any Twain compliant application should see the Twain M2727 driver in this instance. The M2727 will scan the maximum supported page length from the ADF. If no scan target size is called from the scanning application- it will will scan the maximum target length of legal size.
The hp scanning software allows the scanned image target to be pre selected for size. If you choose letter or A4 within the scan application it will scan the requested length.
There is no way to adjust scan target length from the ADF unless it is called out in a scanning software application. If only the source is selected as ADF- and no size is predefined- it will scan always in legal by default.
03-25-2012 10:52 AM
I spent 4 days researching this issue w/ constantly clean re-installing Windows. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate X64.
Here is what I ultimately did to get the latest drivers w/ TWAIN support working.
I used the following drivers: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
1) DOWNLOAD HP m2727nf drivers for Windows 7 64-bit above
2) EXECUTE the downloaded EXE w/ elevated administrator privileges: Right click the file and select "Run as Administrator"
3) INSTALL w/ whatever components you choose and follow installation prompts as usual
4) REBOOT after installation completes
5) VERIFY that TWAIN driver was installed (I found the easiest way to verify was to use "IrfanView" photo viewer. Using IrfanView > "File" > "Select Scan/TWAIN Source" .......
IF you see "HP LJ M2727nf Scan TWAIN 1.0 (32-32)" in list, the installer actually installed the TWAIN driver. YOU ARE ALL DONE. However, my installation did not automatically install it.
TO INSTALL THE TWAIN DRIVER YOU MUST EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS IN AN ELEVATED PRIVILEGES COMMAND PROMPT WINDOW.
- Expand/Unzip the file downloaded and installer earlier. TIP: Sometimes the installer leaves the files behind in "C:\M2727series-win7-full-solution-v5.2-AM-EMEA1", so check that.
- START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > (Right-click, Run as Administrator) COMMAND PROMPT
Execute the following commands:
etup\hppscanM2727" msiexec /i hppscanM2727.msi /qb /l* log.log CD "C:\M2727series-win7-full-solution-v5.2-AM-EMEA1\s etup\Scan" msiexec /i Scan.msi /qb /l* log.log
- Verify again w/ your chosen application, again, IrvanView is easiest for me. Using IrfanView > "File" > "Select Scan/TWAIN Source" .......