Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Deskjet 1513
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
please I need solution to this.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
whenever I click on print it will print out blank papers and also likewise the copying.
HP Recommended

@Damilola87

Thanks for reaching HP Support Forums.

This is the one stop for all technical solutions. 

I understand your issue. I’ll ensure that we work together and get this issue sorted out as quickly as possible. 

Clean the ink cartridges

The ink cartridges could be clogged, and you might need to clean them several times to restore print quality. Use the automated tool to clean the ink cartridges.

NOTE: To avoid issues that require cleaning, always turn the printer off with the Power button.

1. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

1. Click Print & Scan, and then click Maintain Your Printer.

HP Toolbox opens.

1. Click the Device Services tab.
  2. Click Clean Ink Cartridges, and then follow the on-screen instructions to clean the ink cartridges.
  3. When the printer finishes cleaning the ink cartridges, click Print to print a test page.
  4. Examine the test page.
    • If the print quality is acceptable, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
    • If the print quality is unacceptable, follow the on-screen instructions to run a Second-level clean.

NOTE: If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform the cleaning again.

To troubleshoot this issue, check this link Color or Black Ink Not Printing

Hope this helps.

I will be waiting for your reply. 

GeekMak
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.