Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Wireless 4512
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I go to simply make a "copy" of a bill I have and it took 8 minutes to print out the copy. Does this printer always take that long or do I need to do something? My old HP printer printed out in seconds. Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi @Nanz2,

Thanks for the reply, 

Please try a different room entirely, to ensure that the power the printer is receiving has not been compromised.

Otherwise, there is a problem with the scanner mechanism, please contact HP for service options.

If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Please post the results.  🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

On a note:

The booklet that came with the printer says HP ENVY 4510/4520 All-in-one-series

On the printer itself, it says, 4512

In my "Control Panel" under "Devices & Printers", it shows HP ENVY 4510 series (Network)

If I print something from my laptop, it is fast, just not to "copy"

I have tried unplugging the printer cord from the back and the wall outlet. Did not make a difference. I read something about "spooler" but don't understand. Read about a lower resolution makes for a faster copy. I looked in settings and could not find that.

HP Recommended

Hi @Nanz2,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support Forums! 

I see that copies are slow with your HP Envy 4512 Printer. I would be more than happy to assist you. 

Generally, this means that the printer is not receiving the ample amount of power for the scanner bulb to function. Seeing as you stated that printing from the computer is not slow. This would tell me that there is a problem with the power, firmware or hardware.

In order to assist you better, I may need more information.
Can you hear the scanner laboring? 
What is slow (the scanner mechanism moving back and forth or when the copy starts to print)? 

What happens when you copy a blank sheet of paper? 

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
  1. Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  2. Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  3. Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  4. Try a different power outlet/room.
  5. What were the results?
If the issue persists, I would try the Semi-Full Reset to restore the printer to factory settings. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I hear the scanner moving slowly back & forth. I just tried copying a blank sheet and the copy came out faster than one that has text on it, about 3 minutes for the blank and again, 8 minutes to copy what I wanted copied.  The scanner mechanism moving back and forth is slow I think, sounds normal and when the copy starts to print, that is slow. I already tried the unplugging of the cords, hard set and did not matter. I tried a different power outlet in another room and still does the same.

HP Recommended
Hi @Nanz2,

Thanks for the reply, 

Please try a different room entirely, to ensure that the power the printer is receiving has not been compromised.

Otherwise, there is a problem with the scanner mechanism, please contact HP for service options.

If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Please post the results.  🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Again thanks. The Semi-Full Reset did the trick

HP Recommended

Can you make available the information about how to perform a Semi-Full Reset to me, also?  I'm having the same issue with an HP Envy 4520, in that it prints fine... but the Copy function takes extreeeeeemely long!  I've tried all the other tips you listed for this user's 4512 and nothing has worked.  In order to get the Copy function working properly, I'd like to try the Semi-Full Reset, if the 4520 printer has that option.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy 4520 printer. Copying is extremely slow (printing and scanning work fine). I have tried all suggested solutions for this problem except for the semi-full reset option.

The instructions for this type of reset are not shared on the forum but only by private e-mail. Could you please pass this info to me?!

HP Recommended

Even though this youtube posting isn't for the Envy 4520, it helped me find the semi-full reset option! 

The fellow shows how to make the hidden menu come up, and it IS there on the 4520.

I went to that option and then Reset the printer.  It worked!  Cleared up the problem of slow printing.

Why this isn't explained anywhere else is beyond me.  Must be a "secret".

I hope this forum allows me to post a link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2fpLbRpKaM

Good luck.

HP Recommended
I also need the instructions for HP Envy 4520 semi-reset. Copying takes at least 4 minutes but printing and scanning is super fast. I did the steps mentioned above but nothing has changed.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.