Question

Intern
John_Mrtz
Message 1 of 7 (12,648 Views)
Accepted Solution

Manual dialing to fax from LaserJet 1536dnf MFP

[ Edited ]

I recently got a LaserJet 1536dnf MFP for using in my home/office. Occasionally I need to send a fax long distance. I use a calling card so first I dial the access number; then select menu option; enter my PIN; select menu option; and finally diall the number to which I am faxing.

My manual says to manually dial this but how do I do this? If I just dial the number, to get the unti to dial out I have to press send fax; then as soon as the calling card service answers; the unit starts tryting to send the fax.

Ian't there some way to just let me dial the numbers, etc. and when the called number answers start sending the fax?

Grad Student
Pontus_N
Message 2 of 7 (12,644 Views)

Re: Manual dial faxing - LaserJet 1536dnf MFP

Hello John_Mrtz,

If you have a phone connected to the same phone line (for example through the printer using the port with the phone symbol) you could call using that, then when you get through to the number where you want to send the fax, you just press the Satrt Fax button.

Intern
John_Mrtz
Message 3 of 7 (12,637 Views)

I think I've stumbled across the solution --

after I dial each set of numbers, I push the "#" key and this causes the machine to pause and wait for more input. So it goes like this:

• 1-800-1234567#
  • 1# [menu selection]
  • 123456789# [PIN}
  • 1# [menu selection]
  • 55512345678 [recipient fax number]

and then my unit will start polling as soon as it gets a ring-back.

I've tried an experiment calling my cell phone with this and it seems to work. I don't have someone off hand whom I could fax to see if this works. When I need to send another fax; i"ll try this.

The other alternative is as you describe, connect a spare phone to the unit or route an existing externsion thru the machine.

Thanks.

John

Grad Student
Pontus_N
Message 4 of 7 (12,617 Views)

Hello John_Mrtz,

Ahh good to hear that you found a solution for this.

If you need/want to test your fax I think that a fax test service from HP should still be available (if you live in the US which it looks like you might be):

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00259105&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us

Student
lucianohortas
Message 5 of 7 (10,940 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi I am Luciano hortas, y buy Printer all on one Laserjet 1536dnfMFP And I have  problems with this Sofwarw,The Fax no working , and y have problems too wiht the printer, I buy this Product 04/05/2011 i Need help ,Y try the replacemnt on the Staples store, but  They did not. AT least need the  CD Room for Installement  M 1530 MFP Series. MY Email it is.{Personal Information Removed}

Intern
John_Mrtz
Message 6 of 7 (10,676 Views)

If you have not already done os, you can probably download the current version of the software frmo HP's support site.

Honor Student
Jeffw22
Message 7 of 7 (10,000 Views)

I have a very basic question along similar lines.  I also have a HPLaser jet CM2320mf MFP.  my question is how to I input the + symbol in the phone number.  I', trying to send a fax from Australia to malaysia with the first numbers being +60 but I cant for the life of me find a + symbol anywhere.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation