Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart Plus e-All-In-One - B210e

MacBook Pro with Airport and running Lion with AirPort

Error in window says,

"Scanner Problem:

Turn printer Off and then On.  If the problem is not fixed, the scanner component is broken and cannot Copy, or Scan."

I have tried unplugging and reconnecting the power cord as suggested in the Trouble Shooting section.

I have rarely used the scanner or copier, so I can't imagine how it could be broken.

Please help.  Thank you.

J P Jones

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

It is a hardware issue, which cannot be troubleshot.

Please call HP Tech Support (US)  for further assistance.

If you are in US , the toll free # is 1-800-474-6836 .

If you are not in US , then log on to www.hp.com , at bottom-left corner there is a world map icon, click on it and then select the region you belong to, which would then provide support options for you for that region.

Regards,
Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the fast reply.

HP Recommended
I have the same problem... I have rarely used the scanner, and it is broken. I am frustrated. Need help, too! It prints but can't copy or scan . Don't even know if it can fax, now
HP Recommended

The phone number listed refers you to the support websit for hp.  Not helpful

HP Recommended

Hello, 

The error "Scanner component is broken " refers to hardware failure.

You may have to call in HP Tech Support for further assistance.

If you are in USA, call 1-800-474-6836

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.