12-02-2012 11:04 AM
HP Photosmart Plus e-All-In-One - B210e
MacBook Pro with Airport and running Lion with AirPort
Error in window says,
Turn printer Off and then On. If the problem is not fixed, the scanner component is broken and cannot Copy, or Scan."
I have tried unplugging and reconnecting the power cord as suggested in the Trouble Shooting section.
I have rarely used the scanner or copier, so I can't imagine how it could be broken.
Please help. Thank you.
J P Jones
12-02-2012 11:07 AM
It is a hardware issue, which cannot be troubleshot.
Please call HP Tech Support (US) for further assistance.
If you are in US , the toll free # is 1-800-474-6836 .
If you are not in US , then log on to www.hp.com , at bottom-left corner there is a world map icon, click on it and then select the region you belong to, which would then provide support options for you for that region.
Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers