06-28-2009 11:54 AM
07-02-2009 01:46 PM
I also have a J4580, and I was poking around to find help with a different issue when I saw your post. I can, however scan multiple pages to a single ".pdf" file, but I use the Solution Center. Two things I know of - uncheck "preview", and uncheck "Create one file per scanned page when choosing a multi-page file format (PDF, TIF, RTF, TXT, HTML).
In HP Document Manager, make sure you uncheck "Creade one PDF File per scanned page"
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers