My HP Photosmart C309a has stopped producing copies?! Sound familiar to anyone? (327 Views)
Student
Cupcake2349
Message 1 of 2 (327 Views)

My HP Photosmart C309a has stopped producing copies?! Sound familiar to anyone?

My HP Photosmart All in one C309a will produce copies anymore. Also, when I try to print out the test pics, there is no "black" in the pics. I cleaned the printheads, and realigned the printheads.  So far nothing has worked. I did think that I noticed that while trying to make copies, when I put my original on the glass (to copy) the light never came on ran the length of the scanner and back. This is surely a problem, but what does it have to do with the black ink??! Anybody? Please.~Cupcake2349

Teacher
Lions2011
Message 2 of 2 (310 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart C309a has stopped producing copies?! Sound familiar to anyone?

Hi,

I am sorry you are having this issue. It actually sounds like you are having 2 separate issues. The scanner bulb not lighting up is a hardware issue, there really is not a way to fix this issue, you can try a reset to see if it will fix it though.

Follow these steps to reset the product.
  1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the product.
    NOTE:The product might not turn off after pressing the Power button. Continue to the next step regardless.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Replug the power cord into the electrical outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  7. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
  8. Load plain white, unused, letter size paper in the paper tray.
  9. Lift the scanner lid, place the original face down on the scanner glass, and then lower the scanner lid.
  10. Try again to make a color copy.
  • If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

I am an HP employee.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation