Question

Student
jfra
Message 1 of 6 (5,792 Views)

My HP computer doesn't recognize the scanner part of my psc 2210..but printing works fine

This doesn't make sense as why would my computer print without a problem yet when trying to scan, I get the error message "The program could not find any available destinations to which you can send scans. Please reinstall the HP Photo & Imaging software to restore the destination information"

I've done that  many times and still doesn't fix it.

Any assistance greatly appreciated as since I don't scan all that much, why go buy a new machine when the printer works fine.

Thanks in advance..

J.

Honor Student
Jo6879
Message 2 of 6 (5,765 Views)

Re: My HP computer doesn't recognize the scanner part of my psc 2210..but printing works fine

Do you have Windows Vista like I do?  I just found out it doesn't recognize the scanning software.  The recommendation I found was to click on 'start', go to 'all programs', click on 'windows photo gallery', click on 'file' and follow the scanning directions.  I tried it and it worked but it printed out a 1/4 page copy rather than a full page.  I've got to figure that one out!  Good luck!

jo

Honor Student
ASanders
Message 3 of 6 (5,750 Views)

Re: Scanner stops working in my OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One, printing works fine. Ethernet Connected

I have had my HP All-In-One connected with everything working. Then something unknown will happen with the Windows 7 64 Bit HP software. The printer will still work fine; however, the scanner will no longer be recognized as being present. I have had to reinstall the software on multiple occasions. Normally, after the reinstall the scanner will start working. I do not know why the HP software for the All-In-One devices is so much of a problem. This should not be rocket science, but the HP software sure is buggy. We are not the only people with this issue.

The new Windows 7 All-In-One software interface is better than the last version, but still far from ready for prime time. I have not seen a fix yet. I use the All-In-One devices in my business over ethernet. This is becoming a deal breaker between myself and the HP hardware. I never thought I would feel this way, but I have found myself checking out Canon, LexMark, Brother, and any other All-In-One solutions that consistently work. NO BUGGY SOFTWARE OR DRIVERS.

Intern
C0mdrData
Message 4 of 6 (5,737 Views)

Re: Scanner stops working in my OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One, printing works fine. Ethernet Connected

I believe this to be a problem with all scanners.  I have owned HP and Epson scanners or AIO, and I use Epson and Kodak scanners at work.  They are all buggy,.  I often have to restart the computer, the scanner or both.  Periodically, the scanner drivers have to be reinstalled.  I assume it has something to do with TWAIN drivers in general.  Microsoft tried to get around this with WIA, but these drivers tend to be too limiting, since they don't allow for special features.

Student
ikesabode
Message 5 of 6 (1,627 Views)

Re: My HP computer doesn't recognize the scanner part of my psc 2510..but printing works fine

Just got this printer, it works fine, but does not scan. said something about twain? I've used the scan doctor  and followed every thing I could find. Would really like to scan somethings for scrapbooking.

Thanks!

Student
hyerme
Message 6 of 6 (830 Views)

Re: My HP computer doesn't recognize the scanner part of my psc 2210..but printing works fine

My 2510 All In One Printer will not scan at all. I am using windows 8.1

It prints and copies,but won't scan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation