HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-05-2012 07:46 AM
How to change that into color scans?
Just bought it. And I cannot scan to document in color. Only when I use scan to photo. But then the scan is very small.
When you have the answer I thank you in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-05-2012 08:08 AM
I assume you use the printer on a Macintosh envoirnment? Please correct me otherwise.
The default scan workflow configured to scan documents as Black and White. Make sure to change the scan settings to scan documents with color:
If your OS X version is 10.7, make sure to install the Critical Update below. Skip this step for any other OS X version.
Now change the device settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the Scan Tasks tab.
4. Select the affected shortcut and click on Edit... (or just double-click the shortcut).
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Mode
7. Now select the Color option and then click on OK to save the changes. The next scanned document using this workflow will appear in color.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution