Question

Top Student
rocky4
Message 1 of 5 (133 Views)

My hp deskjet 1050 all in one stopped scanning. It was working fine, then stopped.

I have this deskjet 1050 all in one.  It works, ok, and the scanner suddenly stopped working.:smileymad:   It does nothing when I click hp scan.  There is no message or anything.  I have re installed the software several times.  No change.  Any ideas??  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have an IBM lenovo, with windows xp professional.  I run the printer direct with usb cord.  I tried a new cord to see if maybe there was a glitch in that, nothing.   It still prints and copies.  Just no scan, and I use that option as much as I use the print option. Thanks

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (123 Views)

Re: My hp deskjet 1050 all in one stopped scanning. It was working fine, then stopped.

Hi,

Make sure to unplug the USB, uninstall the software by going to All Programs > HP > HP Deskjet 1050 > Uninstall.

Download and install the latest software below and check for any change:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-109412-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

If you still have any problem run the folowing tool and let me know its results:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-109037-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
rocky4
Message 3 of 5 (119 Views)

Re: My hp deskjet 1050 all in one stopped scanning. It was working fine, then stopped.

Thanks for the help, however it didn't solve it.  It still won't scan.  I downloaded the drivers and such you suggested, still nothing.  I can click scan and nothing happens.  Thanks again, Angela

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 5 (111 Views)

Hi Angela,

And what are the results provided by the HP Print and Scan doctor? (see my previous post).

As well ensure your USB is not longer than 2m, directly connected to your PC and not through any USB hub or extender

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
rocky4
Message 5 of 5 (110 Views)

The doctor said it could not fix problem with the utility.  Contact customer service.  I then uninstalled and re installed software and tried again.  Still nothing.  Thanks for all the help. :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation