08-29-2011 08:23 PM
when I try from the panel on the printer, I get a "no scan options" message. When I try from the computer, using HP SCAN, I get another error message that says the printer may be under control of another program. I tried all the options that this message goes on to suggest, but none work. AAARRRGH! PIECE OF CRAP.
12-19-2011 02:22 PM
Really? No support or help after months? Mine has the same problem - and the scanning was a big part of why I bought a new printer. What can I do next? Buy something else? God I hate it when some big company sells stuff that doesn't work. So big they don't care to give real help.
02-14-2013 02:23 AM
i have spent some time and resolved all the issues related to my printer including wireless printing, scanning as well as usb printing and scanning.
the steps are easy.
1: u have to uninstall completely the hp support cente as well as everthing related to hp printer.
2: insert the disc u received with ur printer and autorun.
3: for network printers connect ur printer with your router using Lan cable provided with the printer . if u were previously using your printer than first goto settings of printer from setting butoon adjacent to lcd of printer and go to network settings and reset settings than ok.
4: now ur pc will detect your printer if not then click refresh on the side 2 to three times as printer needs time to receive ip address from router.
5: now follow the steps and you will configure a wireless printer+ scanner . on your home u can see a hp support centre shorcut open it and it will confirm the connection of ur wireless laptop and printer.
6: To keep your printer working properly after restart, go to your network settings on printer and then ip settings then click on manual then ok.
7: those who want to connct printer using usb cable now simply turn off your wifi receiver of laptop and connect the printer to laptop using usb cable.
8: follow simple steps and here the printer is set up.
9: you can toggle between the wireless and wired printer from hp support centre shorcut on ur screen. and remember to make the printing style u use mostly as ur default printer.
more than happy to resolve ur queries.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers