Question

Honor Student
jinepal
Message 1 of 4 (18,357 Views)

My new HP Officejet 4500 wireless won't scan

when I try from the panel on the printer, I get a "no scan options" message.  When I try from the computer, using HP SCAN, I get another error message that says the printer may be under control of another program.  I tried all the options that this message goes on to suggest, but none work.  AAARRRGH!  PIECE OF CRAP.

Honor Student
Oggist
Message 2 of 4 (18,051 Views)

Re: My new HP Officejet 4500 wireless won't scan

Really? No support or help after months? Mine has the same problem - and the scanning was a big part of why I bought a new printer.  What can I do next? Buy something else? God I hate it when some big company sells stuff that doesn't work. So big they don't care to give real help.

Honor Student
Oggist
Message 3 of 4 (18,045 Views)

Student
abkhan
Message 4 of 4 (14,340 Views)

i have spent some time and resolved all the issues related to my printer including wireless printing, scanning as well as usb printing and scanning.

the steps are easy.

1: u have to uninstall completely the hp support cente as well as everthing related to hp printer.

2: insert the disc u received with ur printer and autorun.

3: for network printers connect ur printer with your router using Lan cable provided with the printer . if u were previously using your printer than first goto settings of printer from setting butoon adjacent to lcd of printer and go to network settings and reset settings than ok.

4: now ur pc will detect your printer if not then click refresh on the side 2 to three times as printer needs time to receive ip address from router.

5: now follow the steps and you will configure a wireless printer+ scanner . on your home u can see a hp support centre shorcut open it and it will confirm the connection of ur wireless laptop and printer.

6: To keep your printer working properly after restart, go to your network settings on printer and then ip settings then click on manual then ok.

7: those who want to connct printer using usb cable now simply turn off your wifi receiver of laptop and connect the printer to laptop using usb cable.

8: follow simple steps and here the printer is set up.

9: you can toggle between the wireless and wired printer from hp support centre shorcut on ur screen. and remember to make the printing style u use mostly as ur default printer. 

Peace .

more than happy to resolve ur queries.

Regards

Amir

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation