Question

Student
duplechian
Message 1 of 8 (3,052 Views)

My printer will not copy

my hp photo smart will not copy but will scan or copy from computer.  It used to.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 8 (3,037 Views)

Re: My printer will not copy

Please provide some more information,

Which Printer model do you have?

Is there any blinking light or alert message on the device?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Gianna212
Message 3 of 8 (3,028 Views)

Re: My HP Envy all-in-one printer will not copy

This printer used to copy just great.  It no longer copies.  Instead, when you hit "copy" it goes into Cancelling mode.  This is very frustrating.  I am on a MAC OS 10.6.7.    I have searched the support site looking for firmware or OS updates, tried everything.  Please someone ...help me.

Ready to throw the printer out the window.  Disappointed. 

Student
marciw99
Message 4 of 8 (2,966 Views)

Mine won't either.  Stalls with RED X.   Not good.

Someone please advise.

Honor Student
jeannenyc
Message 5 of 8 (2,912 Views)

if you have an answer on this problem I would love to hear it.  This Envy 100 used to be a great wireless printer.  It seems to print just fine but no longer copies or scans.  When I press the copy icon, it says "canceling'.

The ONLY change that has been made has been period software updates to my iMac - I am on on OS 10.6.8

this is VERY frustrating.

Can anyone give me an answer here?  I need a printer that is wireless and scans and copies...anyone know of one?

Honor Student
jeannenyc
Message 6 of 8 (2,911 Views)

did you figure this out?  I think it is due to software updates on the iMac but mine still does not work.

Honor Student
jeannenyc
Message 7 of 8 (2,838 Views)

Re: My printer will not copy or scan

I figured out the problem but have decided that HP does not really care about selling more printers or care about their customers.  Once I upgraded to Mac OS 10.6 ...it stopped scanning or copying.  I have been everywhere in the HP drivers to fix it...that patch is just not there.  I figured this out by trying everything on the HP site -- this is for the Envy Wireless 100 printer.  I used to love this printer.  Now...I will not buy another HP printer due to their inability to keep up with APPLE.  Geez.  Do better HP.  I also went to the Apple store and the drivers to match the OS upgrade is the problem.

Please...anyone....HP...someone...tell me when this "fix" is issued because I have to copy and scan from this printer or buy a printer that gets the job done.

Student
tre55
Message 8 of 8 (2,260 Views)

My printer will not copy a page with black wording. It will copy any color on that same page. I have checked ink, it's OK. I can print from computer without any problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation