07-23-2012 03:05 PM
After a weekend away, with no thunderstorms (my whole system was powered down) I can't get my printer to work from the computer.
My HP Solution Center icon on the desktop was gone so I reloaded the software (vista 64bit) and then even uninstalled and reinstalled the software and although the Solution Center is now back as a shortcut, it says there is not printer detected. The diagnostic tools at HP say the printer is detected but nothing clears up the problem. Please help.
Thank you. cybasmith
Solved! View Solution.
Re: My printer won't scan or print from the computer
08-14-2014 09:48 AM
with a USB connection
What printer are you using?
How is the printer connected to the computer?
with a u usb connection
07-24-2012 05:05 PM
07-24-2012 08:21 PM
Sorry, I should have included that.
The printer is an HP 1315 All In One and I have been using it successfully for quite a while, to scan and print.
The printer is connected via a USB and it was working perfectly last week when I used it last. I don't use it daily or even weekly a lot.
07-25-2012 11:48 AM
Most likely since Solution Center had to be reinstalled, it's just not seeing the already installed printer. This can happen if Solution Center is updated or has to be reinstalled after the printer has been connected. This document should help you get everything worked out without to much trouble. Let me know what happens.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers