Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am of the same opinion.  When it is time to buy again, and for my main computer that won't be long, it won't be an HP.  Kind of sad as I have used HP products about 20 years.  Surely by now they could come up with a patch to make things work.

HP Recommended

The app works, but how do you instigate the scan from the printer?  Without this, it means bringing the laptop to the printer to load and scan multiple pages.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi BobHarvey,

Sorry for the late response.   I just downloaded the latest SW available for the OJ 8600 on my Windows 8.1 system.   It installed normally.    I was able to scan using that solution as well.   Note that it will show up differently on Windows 8.1 as compared to Windows 7.    From the new Start menu in Windows 8.1, you should find a shortcut to "HP Officejet Pro 8600" under the HP category.    This will launch the HP Printer Assistant.   From there if you click on "Scan a Document or Photo", it will launch the desktop scanning software that was previously available.

Optionally, if you search your system for "HPScan.exe", you can launch the SW directly from this. 

Hope this helps...

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

HI Oulton,

The HP Scan and Capture app will not work with the "Scan To Computer" options on the device.   The desktop software will, however.   Just download and install the desktop software from HP support site for your device.   You can refer to my last post for instructions on how to run it.   Note that that scan to computer option can be controlled via the "Manage Scan to Computer" option you will see once you launch the HP Printer Assistant.

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

Where do I find the Scanner program?  How long does it take to put it into place. 

HP Recommended

Day by day I try to get my scanner working to send to pc HP 3070A B611. 

I am rather hopeless.  Fm one day to the other it did not function anymore.  I still can print and copy but no scan.  Had not altered anything and I am working with W8.1. since release. 

Just found out that I could download the App, so I did, and then followed instructions: ScanandCapture because they route me again and again to HP site in which I can't anything to get it working. 

By this time I resetted the printer so often and redownloaded/updated software, but all in vain.

In the printer itself I suddenly saw a serialnr which did nog match with the original when I installed it.

I tried to delete software from: All Programfiles, but I only could delete de Help and extra's but not the software of printer.

Desperately lost. 

HP Recommended

Just posted my frustrations again and again on this forum and never got one good suggestion.  Do not ask me how, but I read abt the App e.g. scanner which was my problem.  So I installed it and then??? 

Do not ask me what I did just after previous mssg, but I pressed something and my printer started scanning the docu which I put there 2 weeks ago and it scanned!!! 

Had problem to find it as I saved it anywhere but I found it and just opened a bottle of bubbels to celebrate. 

Still cannot figure it out how I did it, but I can finally sleep. 

Before I checked som many sites and forums but no solution.  Headaches but as many of you we want to find out how a problem all of a sudden appears.  Already thought a buying a new one despite the other functions functioning.

I must tell you all that I still use W7 in many options and hardly do anything with 8.1.  But I found out that I have to use the possibilities/apps of W8.1 more than before prior to our nest problem Windows 10????

Just want to finish this by saying that I am SO disappointed that in HP Support which I attended over and over again and you name it I did it, that there has not been a "link" or immediate download to this App nor mentioning it at all.  I was already glad to read that I was not the only one, but since I put my problem on this support, nobody gave me this essential App to add.    I still have not landed but my nightmare comes to an end.  Good luck to all.

HP Recommended

The windows store is brocken and in my opinune it is not going to work ever agean.  How can i get HP Scan to Capture?

HP Recommended

HELP!  Can someone point me to help in restoring the scan preview display size of my document scans.  I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 8.1.  It works wonderful with my HP Officejet 6500A Plus.  The updated driver was there and recognized the device no problem.  I utilize the scan document feature frequently.  When I started using the app, the display size of the scanned document as I scanned was large and legible.  One day I noticed a small box to the left of the screen after scanning 4 pages in for a document I needed to send.  Prior to clicking save, I clicked on the small box to see what it was for. Instead of information, it automatically changed the display size of my recent scan to small scanned images.  The displayed scan images of the pages are much too small.  If I have to reorder the pages, they are not legible to know which page is which.  I cannot locate anywhere in settings, preferences or scanned doc setting how to restore the view to the larger pages when scanning. The little box I initially clicked on that changed the display size is not longer there. Can anyone help please.  I've been to the HP site but unable to locate directions there either.

Thank you!

Kathleen  3/23/2015

HP Recommended

Hi Kathleen,

Most likely what happened is you hit the zoom out box.   If you have a touch screen computer, you can zoom back in by doing a pinch-out guesture.     If no touchscreen, you can zoom in by holding down the CTRL key, and then doing a mouse wheel UP motion.  

Hope this helps!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.