Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi CroMag_7695-

Ok, we confirmed that the CM1312 is of an older vintage where we cannot determine if the ADF is loaded up front.   Hence the option to "Use Feeder If Loaded" won't work.   We are looking into a workaround for this to just offer "Flatbed" and "Feeder" for these class of devices.    Will keep you posted on this, and hopefully we can provide a workaround for this.

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

Hi CroMag_7695,

I uploaded a new build to that FTP site today that should address this problem.  The new version of software will offer "Feeder" and "Flatbed" explicitly.     Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks!

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

I have an HP 2840 MFP and am using Windows 8.1 (64 bit).  I have not been able to get Windows Fax and Scan to recognize the scanner device.  Would this new release correct my problem ?

HP Recommended

Hi Bjarki,

This software release does require working drivers.   if Windows Fax & Scan doesn't see it, then it's unlikely that the new release will either.    If installing the latest drivers/SW from HP's support site doesn't help, or if using the Print & Scan Dr. tool doesn't help, I would recommend starting a new discussion thread and see if others can provide assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Will this HP Scan and Capture 1.4 for Windows 8.1 work with my HP 2840 MFP ?

Sincerely,

David

HP Recommended

Hi,

According to the information on the Windows App Site, in order to use the HP Scan and Capture I will need to upgrade to Windows 10.  What specific HP 2840 printer and scanner drivers do I need to download and will this new HP Scan and Capture app work for my HP 2840 MFP ?

Sincerely,

david 

HP Recommended

Hi David,

It looks as if the drivers that HP provides only have print functionality, and no scan.   I can't speak as to why that is the case, other than the device is very old and has probably fallen off our support matrix for newer OS's.    I can point you in the direction of 3rd party software (VueScan) that looks to support your HP 2840.  Their software is not free, however, but I've heard many good things about it.  Best of luck, and my apologies that we don't offer a solution for this.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The Vue Scan software does look like it will work.  I went to the site and it also said that I will also need to download an HP WIA scanner Driver in order to use the scanner on Windows 8.1.   I bought the printer secondhand and it did not come with any software or drivers.  Do you have any suggestion for getting this WIA scanner driver ?

Sincerely,

David

HP Recommended

Hi again,

I think the Vue Scan might be the solution if I can locate the HP WIA scanner driver for the HP 2840 that I bought seconhand.  It did not come with any of the HP support software and I have looked online for the HP WIA scanner driver have not been able to find it.  Does it exist online or is there another WIA scanner driver that will work ?  The VUE Scan software requires that the computer has this WIA scanner driver in order to work.  I have Windows 8.1.

Sincerely,

David

HP Recommended

Running windows 10 coudln't scan with my hp  psc 1350..

Vuescan ran it no problem..

I didn't want to purchase more scanning software...

This app worked perfect...

thank you

aholic

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.