Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi CroMag_7695,

We don't have plans to support B/W for PDF in this version of HP Scan and Capture.   What model of AIO device do you have?   Have you installed the software that came with it?    In my previous post on this thread, I gave a link to a generic desktop version of SW that should allow you to do B/W PDF no problem.    It does require that you have the desktop drivers installed that came with your device.  

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

My AIO is an HP Color Laserjet CM1312nfi MFP. I have installed the latest drivers for my OS, but the scan function will not work when initiated from the HP software. I have four customers that have this same machine - it was a Costco special - and it's the same story with all of them. The HP Scan software for this particular model does not work in Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10. The only way I have been able to utilize the scan function is with the HP Scan & Capture app, and since it doesn't support B&W to PDF, I'm out of luck. I've had to revert back to Windows 7 so I can use the scan software that goes with my machine.

As for the generic software you said you posted, I have been unable to locate that link, but I'm skeptical that it will work with Windows 10 anyway.

HP Recommended

Hi CroMag_7695,

I am not as familiar with the CM1312nfi.   I checked HP.com support page and they do offer a full solution download for WIn 10 for this device.   When you install the SW for that, do you know if it installs drivers for in on Win 10?     You would see your device show up under Device Manager / Imaging Devices if it had.   If it does install drivers there, then this generic scan solution will work with it.  I just tested on a different device on Win 10 and it worked.   Here's a direct link to that download:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

The HP Scan Extended does not work either. Regardless of how I arrange the settings, it will not recognize that there are documents in the ADF, unless I manually switch to the ADF. And, it will not scan the entire document, only a portion of it, even if I change the scan area from auto to 8.5 x 11. See screen shots. Looks like it's back to Windows 7 for me.

001.jpg

002.jpg

HP Recommended

If I understand your post correctly, this fix should make the scanner detect the size of the photo or document placed on the glass.  I am trying to scan photos of various sizes, but when I open the JPG files, they are all small images in the upper left corner of an otherwise white sheet of paper.  Any other fixes?

HP Recommended

Hi GC515,

Yes, the desktop solution replacement software link that I provided in the previous post does have auto-detect size capability.   It should be able to detect the boundaries of photos or documents placed on the glass or in the ADF, and save them appropriately.    There are lots of other enhancements and features that this software provides over what the original scanning SW came with your device, of course depending on what kind of device you have.   It doesn't work for all devices as well, as you've seen in the last few posts on this thread.  It does work well with HP all-in-one devices that have released within the last few years or so.

HP Recommended

Hi CroMag_7695-

I had our test / engineering team try the CM 1312 device using the HP Scan Extended, and we ran into the same problems you did.   Turns out that this particular device is much older and has versions of drivers that aren't quite compatible with this SW.    So unfortunately this version won't work for you.    I did have them attempt to run the web-downloadable SW for the CM 1312 on a clean Windows 10 system, and they were able to get it to scan without a problem.    Granted that SW is very limited in functionality, but it does appear to work on Win 10.  

I am working on getting a SW build for HP Scan Extended that fixes this issue and update the existing version you have.   Once we have that ready, I will provide for you.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your assistance. I look forward to the update.

HP Recommended

Hi CroMag_7695-

I had a new version that should address this issue uploaded to the FTP site.  Please try the latest and let me know if it's working better for you.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I tried it on two computers, both on the same network with the CM1312. On one machine, the app could not locate the scanner. I rebooted, reinstalled and tried anything else I could think of, but it still wouldn't find it. On the other computer, the app found the scanner without any problem, and it did scan a full 8.5" x 11" page, but it still will not scan from the ADF, only from the flatbed. 

I do appreciate the effort.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.