09-21-2011 08:10 PM
you can download the windows 7 drivers from this link.
what error shows when you try to install the software?
You have to note the system type that the windows 7 is running.
Is it 64-bit or 32-bit.
~Though i work with HP my posts and replies are my own and not from HP.~
09-22-2011 11:08 AM
Dear Expert: Thank you for sending the link. I tried it before contacting you and have just tried it again. It takes me to where is shows software that is compatable with Windows 7 for the HP ScanJet 8200. Instead of having a place to click for download, it says "Obtain software." When I click on this it takes me back to Drivers and software. It's a merry-go-round that never takes me to where I can download the software. PLEASE help me solve the problem. T H A N K Y O U !
10-21-2011 03:39 PM
I have a Scanjet 8200 with Win 7 64 bit. Using the diagnostic utility I'm told to install the full feature software. It also says the driver is corrupted.
I have removed the drivers and reinstalled them and yet it doesn't fix the problem Also all I can find is the basic drivers. I have installed them several times and it didn't do any good.
10-22-2011 03:20 PM - edited 10-22-2011 03:29 PM
The Following document states that only a basic driver is Officially provided for Windows7 however Installing the Vista Full Feature Software will be possible for most of the situations.
I summarized the steps for you, including the direct download link below:
*Make sure the Scanner USB is not connecting while performing the steps below.
Download and save the Vista installation below on your PC desktop by clicking the Download button:
Once the file download is complete, right-click the setup_full_8200.exe file which will appear on your desktop.
Click Troubleshoot compatibility from the menu.
A Windows Wizard will Appear.
- click the Troubleshoot program option,
- Check the The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won’t install or run now box. Click Next .
- Selec tWindows Vista (exactly as is - without any service pack). Click Next .
- click Start the program .
- Follow the installation instructions.
- Once the installation has been complete, cancel the Test compatibility settings for the program screen which should remain open.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
05-22-2012 09:24 AM
Follow the steps in the document below.
You can also download the basic driver from the link below.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers