11-14-2011 02:00 AM
Let us know whether it occur when you do following task.
1. Do Copy from the printer and see whether it occurs. If so, it is something to do with the Hardware.
2. If you already install hp software, use the hp scan software to scan. And select differnt file format (PDF/JPEG) and let us know whether you can see same issue.
3. Use the Paint program, and do a scan and let us know the outcome.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
02-26-2012 12:20 PM
My 8600 is doing the exact same thing. I have reloaded the software and it doesn't help. I get a full B/W scan on PDF, no color and the detail is miserable.
05-05-2012 05:16 AM
We had the same problem but discovered that the 10x15cm (4x6inch) photos need to be put on the lower right corner of the scanning frame.....hope it helps
05-08-2012 09:33 AM
I am trying to scan a 4x6 photo to my computer. However, when it scans into the computer it is actually a complete 8.5x11 page black page w/ a 4x6 photo embedded in the page. How can I scan just the photo and get the correct size?
09-02-2013 03:31 PM
I want to scan a batch of photos and use the document feeder.
I set the Scan Photo menus up and the feeder pulls them in fine. However, they are scanned 90degrees off, resulting in a 4x4 square of the photo.
Due to the document feeder adjustable tray rails, I cannot simply rotate the photos and "trick" the software. I tried it and one photo scanned fine (filling in the 4x6 area) but the others went in crooked as the trays don't close to less than about 5 inches.
This seems like a software issue. The 4x6 photo scan expects the photos to come in 90degrees different than the scanner actually sends them.
I'm using a PC with Windows 7 and the 8600 over my network. (which works wonderfully with everything else I've used it for)
Thanks for your quick response.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers