Question

Student
Steeleblades
Message 1 of 4 (9,334 Views)
Accepted Solution

Negative scanner

Hello. So I was given a regulatory model grlyb-0311 negative scanner still in packaging materials. Problem is I have no idea what it plugs into and cannot find any imformation on it lol. Please help. Thanks

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 4 (9,318 Views)

Re: Negative scanner

Hello Steeleblades,

Did some research on this and it looks like the item you got needs to be used together with a normal scanner. From the description i found the item you have is a so called transparent media adapter and in being so just provides a backlight so that a scanner can scan negatives and slides.

These are the models i found that support your item:

Scanjet 4600, 4670, 4600p, 4670v and 4670vp

When you doubt this answer p[lease make make a picture of the item you have so that i can compare it with the info i found.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Student
MWelch53
Message 3 of 4 (6,341 Views)

Does this scanner require an installation CD of any kind?  I found it in my classroom when I took over for a teacher whoretired.

Professor
Picardje
Message 4 of 4 (6,308 Views)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=nl&cc=nl&prodNameId=303778&...

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation