New HP Officejet 6600 will not scan, copy, or send fax (19119 Views)
Honor Student
Plypal
Message 1 of 13 (19,119 Views)
Accepted Solution

New HP Officejet 6600 will not scan, copy, or send fax

I have an HP Officejet 6600 that will not scan, copy, or send fax.  Oper. System is Vista 32-bit.  Bought printer April 30, 2012.  Error message says: Scanner fialure --unable to scan, copy, or send fax. 

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 13 (18,967 Views)

Re: New HP Officejet 6600 will not scan, copy, or send fax

[ Edited ]

Hello Plypal

You can try the HP Scan Diagnostic utility first, but typically the Scanner Failure is a hardware issue that needs to be serviced. You can find the Support number at the link below as well as the link to the Diagnostic Utilities.

HP Diagnostic Utilities

HP Phone Support

EDIT: I couldn't find it before but you may also want to check out the Scanner Failure article to reset your printer and check the power connection.

Scanner Failure

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Student
djw1203
Message 3 of 13 (18,911 Views)

The power reset worked for me.
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 13 (18,903 Views)

Hello dj21203

Glad to hear the power reset worked for you!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Honor Student
Paultilly
Message 5 of 13 (18,882 Views)

Thanks.  It worked.

Honor Student
Paultilly
Message 6 of 13 (18,881 Views)

how does one give a "Kudo"?
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 7 of 13 (18,872 Views)

Hello Paultilly

Glad to hear it resolved you problem! :smileyhappy:

To give kudos you click on the Blue Star to the bottom left of a post.

Student
mderlacher
Message 8 of 13 (18,119 Views)

Ok, if this is a hardware issue, and it is a new machine, we just take it back to Best Buy and get it serviced?

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 9 of 13 (18,103 Views)

Hello mderlacher

As I said before it is typically a hardware failure but to be certain to go over the Scanner Failure article I provided in my solved post.

If that didn't help, and since you just purchased the printer, I suggest exchanging it for a new one through Best Buy.

Student
Jewel154
Message 10 of 13 (14,619 Views)

I believe this is an consistent issue with the HP 6600 not a one-time issue with an individual printer.  We purchased ours in November 2012 and within a few days received the message that it could not copy, scan or fax.  We tried troubleshooting.  We contacted a computer expert who found it odd that it would print fine from the computer but couldn't copy, scan or fax. 

In the end we turned the machine off and back on and it reset and worked find for multiple days.  The message appeared again and we repeated the off/on.   This consistently happens every few days (don't know the interval) and we turn the machine off and back on and it works fine again. 

I am disappointed.  I've always liked HP printers.  The one I had before this one worked perfectly for many years before I replaced it with this printer.  We'll use this one until it stops fixing itself and then will be sure to research our next purchase more carefully.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation