Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5745
OS X 10.9

Brand new officejet 5745 won't copy or scan anything from the glass.  I insert paper, choose copy and the document feeder from above runs, lightbar doesn't move and it produces a blank page.  When trying to scan from computer, I get an error message to insert document into document feeder. Help.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey TDawg61,

I am not in contact with the phone group, you will be best off calling in and seeing what they have to say. Wish I had better answers.

Regards,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello cdnmaggies,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that the Officejet 5745 will only attempt to scan or copy from the ADF. There could be some packing material or tape triggering the sensor in the ADF. Open the ADF and look for anything that got missed.

If it is clear, load a plain piece of paper into the ADf and tell it to copy. When the paper is fed through and done copying, ensure that there is not message on the screen that an original is loaded. If this is displayed, remove the power from the back of the printer to reset the memory.

Ensure the printer is connected to a wall outlet directly and then connect the power back to the printer. If the there is no  message, try copying from the glass.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have followed your instructions, the ADF is clear, copies from the ADF, will not copy from the glass.  The light bar sitll doesn't move.  I only get the "original loaded" message is when I put some thing in the ADF.

What is next?

HP Recommended

I would try updating the firmware on the printer, this link should assist: Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates. In the mean time, I will look up steps for a possible reset.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, the printer is up to date.  No new updates were found.

HP Recommended

Let's try this, prior to resetting the printer, call into our phone support group as I believe they have a fix for this. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region, click here.

Let me know the outcome from that call.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I'm having this same issue.  Can you please publish a solution if there is one?  Thanks!  

HP Recommended

Hey TDawg61,

I am not in contact with the phone group, you will be best off calling in and seeing what they have to say. Wish I had better answers.

Regards,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I returned the printer and bought a new one!! ;(

Thanks for you help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.