04-25-2013 03:33 PM
I have the Photosmart 7525, the scanner used to work fine when I first got it. Now there are no attachments even though it gives me a message saying that a document was successfully scanned and emailed
04-25-2013 04:46 PM
Try the steps below. Some of the steps may be repeats for you. If you are using the scan to email app uninstall it, then reinstall it. Please post back let me know what happens.
1. Unplug printer and router.
2. Plug router back up after a 1 or 2 minutes.
3. Plug printer back up after router is back up
4. Go to the front panel of your printer.
5. Turn ePrint off.
6. Turn ePrint back ON.
7. Print info page.
Try again to scan.
04-25-2013 04:54 PM
The printer is not plugged into a router, I am using the wireless network in my office which used to work fine. I can print to it no problem with my Mac, my Iphone and my Ipad.
When I scan to email, I get the email (on my MacBook) saying I have an email and attachment, but there is no attachment.
04-25-2013 10:15 PM
I'm having the same issue with a HP Officejet 6500A. The Scan to Email function used to work just fine. But now it's sending me e-mails without any attachement.
I have tried:
- Restarting the printer
- Turning off and on the ePrint function
- Unplugging the power of the printer
- Removing and re-adding the ePrint App
All without any luck.
Given that there are quite a few people here in this forum, who are having this exact same issue and that it started around the same time for us, I'm almost certain that this is a glitch with the service component on HP's side. Is anyone from HP looking at this?
04-28-2013 06:12 AM
same issue on a brand new envy 120e, the first email it sent contains an attachment, but all subsequent email has NO attachement. tried restarting, disabling/enabling eprint, checked for update, everything, just getting blank attachments, this is very annoying. And how can it not let you scan multiple pages when scanning to email? this is stupid man. Pls get to including a fix to the attachement function and allowing multiple pages for scan to email
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers