01-11-2011 10:04 AM
Until I installed the latest update, the scanning function was working fine. Now the Solution Center will not open. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. I connect with USB cord and connect to the internet w/ Ethernet cable. I have installed and un-installed and reinstalled too many times to remember. I used the utility and can't get through it without a different error each time. Printer works fine. I can scan from Paint, but this is not the app. I want to use. I have tried all solutions and have waited several days for this forum. Also, when I check scanner properties from the control panel, It says the scanner is ready, but there are no applications w/ scan button.
01-11-2011 10:13 AM
It is more than a little difficult to offer advice when you haven't stated what HP device the solution center is looking for.
Which OS do you have installed?
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
01-11-2011 10:17 AM
Enrico, I did state the o/s, Windows Vista Home Premium. However I did leave out the device which is a HP J5750 Officejet All in One
Thanks for your time
01-11-2011 12:17 PM
Let me know if you have followed this document.
Go through the steps completely and try performing the steps from the begining.
01-11-2011 12:30 PM
Let's get some more info shared.
Which latest update looks to have triggered the change?
Which utility did you run? What was the most recent failure indicated?
I think we need to get your solution center running first, since the scanner buttons use this for their configuration, too...
01-11-2011 12:52 PM
I agree. Solution Center seems to be the problem. Update used is OJJ5700_Full_8.exe
downloaded from HP site. I used the HP scrubber to uninstall. I have installed patch and run Scan Diagnostic Utility which says there are some problems in registry, some scan flow compoents are missing and there is a problem with front panel which SU cannot fix.
01-11-2011 01:21 PM
I would suggest you to do a complete uninstall using the Cd as well as the Downloaded version since you have used both to install. After uninstallation perform the steps below
1. Go to add/remove programs and check if there is any Printer related software still on there
2. Go to C:\Program file or Program file ( x86) in case of 64 bit computers\HP\Digital Imaging\ Bin
Delete the contents of the bin folder , if not able to delete a few thats ok.
3. Go to Printers and Faxes folder , right click on the blank window , go to server properties , check under drivers tab , if any old printer driver entries which not in use , remove them.
4. Delete all the temp , %temp% , prefetch files
5. Restart the computer , Turn off the printer , unplug the power cables and turn the devices back ON
6. Start the Installation from the CD or Downloaded Version ( any one ) , do not use both if one doesnt work
Let me know if this yield any results.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers