Question

Tutor
clemsontiger76
Message 1 of 16 (842 Views)

No HP device found. Solution Center will now close.

Until I installed the latest update, the scanning function was working fine. Now the Solution Center will not open. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. I connect with USB cord and connect to the internet w/ Ethernet cable. I have installed and un-installed and reinstalled too many times to remember. I used the utility and can't get through it without a different error each time. Printer works fine. I can scan from Paint, but this is not the app. I want to use. I have tried all solutions and have waited several days for this forum. Also, when I check scanner properties from the control panel, It says the scanner is ready, but there are no applications w/ scan button. 

Jim 

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 16 (839 Views)

Re: No HP device found. Solution Center will now close.

It is more than a little difficult to offer advice when you haven't stated what HP device the solution center is looking for. :smileyhappy:

Which OS do you have installed?

Regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
clemsontiger76
Message 3 of 16 (838 Views)

Enrico, I did state the o/s, Windows Vista Home Premium. However I did leave out the device which is a HP J5750 Officejet All in One

Thanks for your time

Tutor
clemsontiger76
Message 4 of 16 (828 Views)

Where is Enrico? Its been two hours and no response.

Tutor
Sandstorm
Message 5 of 16 (824 Views)

Hi,

Let me know if you have followed  this document.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02468684&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Go through the steps completely and try performing the steps from the begining.

Thank you

Sandstorm

Though I am an HP Employee, All of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever
Teacher
GregCo
Message 6 of 16 (822 Views)

Let's get some more info shared.  

Which latest update looks to have triggered the change?

Which utility did you run?  What was the most recent failure indicated?

I think we need to get your solution center running first, since the scanner buttons use this for their configuration, too...

- Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Tutor
clemsontiger76
Message 7 of 16 (818 Views)

I agree. Solution Center seems to be the problem. Update used is OJJ5700_Full_8.exe

downloaded from HP site. I used the HP scrubber to uninstall. I have installed patch and run Scan Diagnostic Utility which says there are some problems in registry, some scan flow compoents are missing and there is a problem with front panel which SU cannot fix.

Tutor
clemsontiger76
Message 8 of 16 (815 Views)

Yes I followed all solutions and it still doesn't work

Teacher
GregCo
Message 9 of 16 (813 Views)

Looking for answers....

Did you also install the updates on this page?

- Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Tutor
Sandstorm
Message 10 of 16 (806 Views)

Hi,

I would suggest you to do a complete uninstall using the Cd as well as the Downloaded version since you have used both to install. After uninstallation perform the steps below

1. Go to add/remove programs and check if there is any Printer related software still on there

2.  Go to C:\Program file or Program file ( x86) in case of 64 bit computers\HP\Digital Imaging\ Bin

Delete the contents of the bin folder , if not able to delete a few thats ok.

3. Go to Printers and Faxes folder , right click on the blank window , go to server properties , check under drivers tab , if any old printer driver entries which not in use , remove them.

4. Delete all the temp , %temp% , prefetch files

5. Restart the computer , Turn off the printer , unplug the power cables and turn the devices back ON

6. Start the Installation from the CD or Downloaded Version ( any one ) , do  not use both if one doesnt work

Let me know if this yield any results.

Though I am an HP Employee, All of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation