01-11-2011 10:04 AM
Until I installed the latest update, the scanning function was working fine. Now the Solution Center will not open. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. I connect with USB cord and connect to the internet w/ Ethernet cable. I have installed and un-installed and reinstalled too many times to remember. I used the utility and can't get through it without a different error each time. Printer works fine. I can scan from Paint, but this is not the app. I want to use. I have tried all solutions and have waited several days for this forum. Also, when I check scanner properties from the control panel, It says the scanner is ready, but there are no applications w/ scan button.
01-11-2011 10:13 AM
It is more than a little difficult to offer advice when you haven't stated what HP device the solution center is looking for.
Which OS do you have installed?
If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
01-11-2011 10:17 AM
Enrico, I did state the o/s, Windows Vista Home Premium. However I did leave out the device which is a HP J5750 Officejet All in One
Thanks for your time
01-11-2011 12:17 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 12:24 PM by OscarFuentes
Let me know if you have followed this document.
Go through the steps completely and try performing the steps from the begining.
01-11-2011 12:30 PM
Let's get some more info shared.
Which latest update looks to have triggered the change?
Which utility did you run? What was the most recent failure indicated?
I think we need to get your solution center running first, since the scanner buttons use this for their configuration, too...
01-11-2011 12:52 PM
I agree. Solution Center seems to be the problem. Update used is OJJ5700_Full_8.exe
downloaded from HP site. I used the HP scrubber to uninstall. I have installed patch and run Scan Diagnostic Utility which says there are some problems in registry, some scan flow compoents are missing and there is a problem with front panel which SU cannot fix.
01-11-2011 01:21 PM
I would suggest you to do a complete uninstall using the Cd as well as the Downloaded version since you have used both to install. After uninstallation perform the steps below
1. Go to add/remove programs and check if there is any Printer related software still on there
2. Go to C:\Program file or Program file ( x86) in case of 64 bit computers\HP\Digital Imaging\ Bin
Delete the contents of the bin folder , if not able to delete a few thats ok.
3. Go to Printers and Faxes folder , right click on the blank window , go to server properties , check under drivers tab , if any old printer driver entries which not in use , remove them.
4. Delete all the temp , %temp% , prefetch files
5. Restart the computer , Turn off the printer , unplug the power cables and turn the devices back ON
6. Start the Installation from the CD or Downloaded Version ( any one ) , do not use both if one doesnt work
Let me know if this yield any results.