07-01-2012 08:54 PM
Photosmart 5510 B111a - cannot find the software for optical character recognition O am told that the file I was instructed to download by the website "23902_hpcom_OCR_120_003.exe" is not for this machine. Any ideas on how to scan text and use the OCR? Is it installed already? If so, it does not give me the option when scanning.
07-03-2012 12:32 PM
07-03-2012 05:18 PM
I'm sorry I was mistaken on my post earlier. I double checked with a colleague of mine and he said all HP scan devices can use OCR, just not all of them come with the software for it. Which means it will work, you just have to have the software for it. The PhotoSmart series of printers do not include the OCR software for free. You have to get it form a third party. I found this site that ranks OCR software and links out to places you can get it from. I'm not sure if there are any free versions, but you can always try to find one.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers