Question

Top Student
Boballoo
Message 1 of 4 (986 Views)

No OCR software for Photosmart 5510 on win 7

Photosmart 5510 B111a - cannot find the software for optical character recognition O am told that the file I was instructed to download by the website  "23902_hpcom_OCR_120_003.exe" is not for this machine. Any ideas on how to scan text and use the OCR? Is it installed already? If so, it does not give me the option when scanning. 

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 4 (975 Views)

Re: No OCR software for Photosmart 5510 on win 7

According to the product specs, this printer does not have OCR ablities built in.  Not made to work with it.  Sorry.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Boballoo
Message 3 of 4 (973 Views)

But that's why I bought it. I was specifically told when I bought it that it would work with OCR.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 4 (971 Views)

I'm sorry I was mistaken on my post earlier.  I double checked with a colleague of mine and he said all HP scan devices can use OCR, just not all of them come with the software for it.  Which means it will work, you just have to have the software for it.  The PhotoSmart series of printers do not include the OCR software for free.  You have to get it form a third party.  I found this site that ranks OCR software and links out to places you can get it from.  I'm not sure if there are any free versions, but you can always try to find one.  

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation