08-17-2012 02:50 PM
My HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium will not receive faxes. For 3 years I had no issues sending or receiving faxes with a Verifone Omni 3730 credit card machine attached through an HP Officejet Pro 8500 on a DSL line. Ever since I upgraded to a new printer (the 8600 as previously stated) I can send faxes fine, but it will not receive them. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. The fax test passes fine, but it will not even ring to accept the fax. Auto answer is set to 2 rings and the only other thing that is set to share the line is the credit card machine. I have tried the troubleshooting options. The printer will accept faxes if I unplug the credit card machine. I am lost as to where to proceed from here or why this is an issue with the new printer. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!
08-22-2012 04:08 PM - edited 08-23-2012 10:46 AM
08-23-2012 10:48 AM
I'm sorry. I forgot to add the link to my last post. I ment to point you to the link below. Try the steps in that document and let me know what happens.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers