Question

Honor Student
ChiroSponge
Message 1 of 4 (196 Views)

Not receiving faxes with new printer

My HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium will not receive faxes.  For 3 years I had no issues sending or receiving faxes with a Verifone Omni 3730 credit card machine attached through an HP Officejet Pro 8500 on a DSL line.  Ever since I upgraded to a new printer (the 8600 as previously stated) I can send faxes fine, but it will not receive them.  Nothing else has been changed in the setup. The fax test passes fine, but it will not even ring to accept the fax.  Auto answer is set to 2 rings and the only other thing that is set to share the line is the credit card machine.  I have tried the troubleshooting options.  The printer will accept faxes if I unplug the credit card machine.  I am lost as to where to proceed from here or why this is an issue with the new printer.  Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated! 

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 4 (162 Views)

Re: Not receiving faxes with new printer

[ Edited ]

First thing to do is update the printer's firmware.  Next follow the steps in this document to work out the problem.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
ChiroSponge
Message 3 of 4 (155 Views)

Thanks for the reply!  I checked for updates and checked on the firmware and both were/are up to date.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 4 (145 Views)

I'm sorry.  I forgot to add the link to my last post.  I ment to point you to the link below. Try the steps in that document and let me know what happens.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02891758&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation