Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I am trying to scan to folder but keep getting "the test was unsuccesful"

I am typing the path

IP ADRESS /Users/jon/Downloads

Should I be using the otehr backslash (\ not /).... I tried and no success

My password and IP address are 100% correct

Any ideas ?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Try this 

\\192.128.1.10\path\to\folder\ 

HP Recommended

Thank you

When I use\\192.128.1.10\path\to\folder\

The HP UTILITY tells me that the test was succesful

But when I try to use the scan to network folder on the scanner it just hangs showing " connecting to......" on the little screen

Any idea?

What is the 192.128.1.10 address ?

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thats just a format to type in network path. 

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Please check if you have done all these. 

IMPORTANT: Make sure your shared folder allows network users to change your file (Permission Level is set to Read/Write). Your all-in-one printer will create new files into the shared folder when using the Scan to Network Folder feature.

To share a folder in Mac, see Mac support documentation:

1. Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Sharing.
  2. Select File Sharing.
  3. Select Options, making sure Share files and folders using SMB (Windows) is checked, then click Done.
  4. Click + to locate the folder you want to share, then click Add.
  5. Make sure the user has Read&Write permission.
  6. Record the Computer Name and the Shared Folder name; you will need this information when setting up the Network Profile using OPMT.

NOTE: If you have trouble sharing a folder, contact your computer technical support or Apple support for further assistance

HP Recommended

So I should use the IP Address of my computer (imac)?

HP Recommended

Your network path can be found . 

Copy a File / Directory Path from the OS X Get Info Window 

Perhaps the easiest and most user friendly method, you can easily retrieve any file or folders path from the Get Info window by doing the following:

• Select the file or folder in the OS X Finder, then hit Command+i to summon Get Info
  • Click and drag alongside “Where” to select the path, then hit Command+C to copy the full path to the clipboard

Copy a path of a file or folder on the Mac through Get Info

Get Info can also be accessed by the control-click and right-click menus. For most use cases and for occasional complete path access, the Get Info trick is simple, fast, efficient, and should fit the bill for most people.

HP Recommended

I am quite frustrated

I am 100% sure of my username and password

But I am using

xxx.xxx.x.xx\\Macintosh HD\Users\Folder Name\Dropbox\Private\Scanned Temp Directory

Is this the correct slash direction on a mac ?

I just get "entry is invalid"

HP Recommended

Thats right 

HP Recommended

And if this is correct any idea why I get the error "entry is invalid"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.