02-17-2010 07:18 PM
my all in one does not come with the necesarry software for me to scan into the computer
how do i get the software to scan?
i think it is called ocr
and how do i get that?
01-29-2011 09:56 PM
HP Deskjet F2400 series All-in-One Printer does not come with OCR included. You can install the OCR using the below link:
1) Perform Disk Cleanup. (Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> Disk Cleanup)
2) Open below link and save the OCR software to desktop
3) Run the file after the download is complete.
4) If the error appears stating "This update does not support any of the HP device......", do not close the message. This is very important.
5) Open %temp% folder
6) Open 7z folder
7) Check for folder “ocr_web_pack”. Copy this folder to desktop.
8) Click OK on the error message
9) Open “ocr_web_pack" folder which is copied to desktop and double click the "SETUP.EXE" file
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
12-05-2011 09:31 AM - edited 12-05-2011 10:50 AM
Welp, I have had this "all in one deskjet F2430" and I have never used the scanner. I have tried using the scanner the past few days.I need to scan something for a job. But,.... I keep getting these error messages. I uninstalled and re-installed the software/cd that came with it.The book is for the faint hearted(or birds) and I have been up all night trying to fix this. Am I tired or touchy? NAHHH! The first error message come's straight out of windows live photo g. The second is a message out of media gallery. It would really be great to use a 200$ printer/copier/ AND/SCANNER!
Oh and P.S......
This little trick at the top (above my post) DID NOT work for me!
08-21-2015 03:58 AM
thanks for these instructions.
Unfortunately, as an untrained user or non professional, I lost track comming to;
5) Open %temp% folder
(and next of course ..)
6) Open 7z folder.
If you don't mind me saying so, it would be of great convenience if you would specify the path toward such folders.
Sorry I lost you at "5)", but I will keep on looking for a solution.