04-10-2010 01:01 AM
I downloaded drivers for HP Photosmart c5380 for windows 7 and i cannot find out how can i scan with OCR?
Is this option disabled for windows 7?
Under "scan to file" i cannot find .rtf
07-08-2010 04:16 PM
I had the same problem : ocr capability disappeared after switching to Windows 7. I found this post doing a google on "hp ocr windows 7". There was no answer posted, but after spending over an hour on the phone w/hp (I had 15 days of warranty coverage left) got the problem solved. There IS a file to solve this. However, it did not turn up when I tried to use the HP support page. In fact, I still can't get to it using the support page. But in case this information is useful to anyone else who CAN find the right link to it and/or can get HP provide them with the link, the name of the file is: PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_enu_140_047.exe
PS - I actually have 32-bit, not 64 bit, but this apparently works fine for both.
12-19-2010 02:32 PM
I had the same problem with my HP Photosmart C5550 when I switched to Windows 7 in August. I was able to solve that problem today by searching in HP's website under Customer Service on the file provided by ekc: PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_enu_140_047.exe.
This file was available to download free & I now have the OCR feature working in Windows 7. Unfortunately, in August, when I contacted HP multiple times, no one could direct me to this file though it looks as if the file has been available since 3/10/10. Thanks for providing the file name!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers