OCR in Windows 7 (2169 Views)
Student
MichalSzlach
Message 1 of 4 (2,169 Views)

OCR in Windows 7

I downloaded drivers for HP Photosmart c5380 for windows 7 and i cannot find out how can i scan with OCR?
Is this option disabled for windows 7?

Under "scan to file" i cannot find .rtf

Any thoughts?

Thanks

M.

Student
Bebbles
Message 2 of 4 (2,166 Views)

Re: OCR in Windows 7

Hi M,

Did you discover how to scan with OCR?

Am having the same problem!

Bebbles

ekc Honor Student
Honor Student
ekc
Message 3 of 4 (1,835 Views)

I had the same problem : ocr capability disappeared after switching to Windows 7.  I found this post doing a google on "hp ocr windows 7".  There was no answer posted, but after spending over an hour on the phone w/hp (I had 15 days of warranty coverage left) got the problem solved.  There IS a file to solve this.  However, it did not turn up when I tried to use the HP support page.  In fact, I still can't get to it using the support page.  But in case this information is useful to anyone else who CAN find the right link to it and/or can get HP provide them with the link, the name of the file is:  PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_enu_140_047.exe

PS - I actually have 32-bit, not 64 bit, but this apparently works fine for both.

good luck!

ekc

Student
lindag65
Message 4 of 4 (1,485 Views)

I had the same problem with my HP Photosmart C5550 when I switched to Windows 7 in August.  I was able to solve that problem today by searching in HP's website under Customer Service on the file provided by ekc:  PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_enu_140_047.exe. 

This file was available to download free & I now have the OCR feature working in Windows 7.  Unfortunately, in August, when I contacted HP multiple times, no one could direct me to this file though it looks as if the file has been available since 3/10/10.  Thanks for providing the file name! 

lag

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation