03-18-2010 05:28 AM
since installing windows 7, no end of trouble with the scanner on my HP 7300. I can scan from the start menu (printers / scanners etc) but only to a JPEG format. before windows 7, scanning options were on the machine, enabling me to scan to document viewer amongst other options and convert to any format i wanted.
trouble is that when i use the machine scanning options now, HP logo comes up on my desktop (scan in progress) but nothing happens. the machine does not scan (although it says it is) and the logo will stay on my desktop all day not responsing to anything.
i need to be able to get my machine to scan directly, giving me the option to scan to document viewer or convert to pdf. i have re-installed windows 7, machine drivers etc and searched just about every forum known to man but cannot find an answer???
can anyone help?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers