12-14-2009 05:48 PM
I hate all the bloated HP software that HP forces you to install when installing the drivers for their printers. So I figured out how to install my Officejet 8500 A909a on my wired ethernet network without installing their software and it works perfectly!
My last hurdle here is figuring out how to scan over the network to any of the computers on my network. In the Embedded Web Server, the Webscan page scans great and I can save pics that way. But are there other options that people have figured out?
How can I scan to a network folder? I press Scan on the printer and it asks what computer to scan to, but it doesn't give me a list of computers to choose from. I assume I need to add those manually somehow, but I'm yet sure how to.
Anyone got any ideas? At all costs I want to avoid installing HPs bloatware to get this working.
12-14-2009 09:47 PM
12-15-2009 12:39 AM
According to those instructions it requires me to install HPs Solution Center along with all the other unnecessary bloated software that I do not want. Is there any way to setup the printers "Scan To" shortcuts without installing HPs software?
12-15-2009 06:20 PM
i think you need to install the hp software but all you need to install are the "HP Solution Center" and "Digital Imaging Devices"
Have a Blessed Christmas!
12-16-2009 02:19 AM
You need to install the hp solution center and hp imaging device for you to be able setup the printer's scan to option. If don't need other hp programs associated with your hp printer to be installed in your computer, you need to select "custom install" to specify the hp programs you would like to install.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers