OJ 8600 Pro - black lines on scans and copies (1191 Views)
Student
Peaitchdee
Message 1 of 3 (1,191 Views)

OJ 8600 Pro - black lines on scans and copies

OfficeJet 8600 Pro - All in One.

I am getting black lines on scans and copies.  I can follow the steps in HP Customer Care and get rid of them.  Resetting the printer does this.  I would like to get a more permanent solution though because it happens frequently and resetting the printer once a week is quickly becoming irritating.

If these lines can be caused by static charge - has anyone tried to ground the outside of the printer, or used some other static mitigating devices successfully?

Top Student
LyleFro
Message 2 of 3 (1,082 Views)

Re: OJ 8600 Pro - black lines on scans and copies

On 3/20/12, HP support just told me to remove any surge protector and plug it directly into the wall socket. The printer supposedly has surge protection built in.
Student
socalledmom
Message 3 of 3 (1,013 Views)

Re: OJ 8600 Pro - black lines on scans and copies

I had this problem too.  In another forum a person said they'd hooked up the HP 8600 to their Mac and so I thought, oh, maybe that's it and then had success printing, no lines, from my HP.  BUT even there sometimes I'd get the black lines!  I changed the color paper setting to "Other photo" (because I wanted to use cheap, but good quality Kirkland paper from Costo).  NO LINES!  I was going to bring this printer back, but now do not have to.

I'm going to keep researching re:  the MAC problem, it may have been I hadn't set the paper choice right there, too.

It's good the ink cost per Consumer's Report IS low because I sure wasted a lot figuring this out.

Hope this works for you and others!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation